Page 102 of 109 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1082

Thread: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

Have you tried using the profile creator within qtsixa? Go to settings-manage devices/profiles-input profiles-add. Create your profile here, then to apply it go to the settings-manage devices/profiles-devices tab and click on the "default" device and hit edit. Follow the wizard to apply your profile to the controller. If you try to apply the profile while the controller is connected it won't work. So make sure you're disconnected before applying and then after connecting it should work.

Beans

Hey Guys,

This may be relevant to the development of QtSixA.
    I've modified a bluetooth stack to support Playstation 3 Controllers on a 16bit MCU (PIC24FJ256DA210) using a usb bluetooth module. The controller I was testing with is in fact a Gasia GamePad, it frustrated me for a while as to why It wouldn't work. That was until a user in this thread had posted a different HID Report that enables the fake controller. I've modified my code to support this and it works.
    I went on to see If I could detect the difference between a real and a fake controller. Not too sure how well this works but when you send "0xf4, 0x42, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00" over the HID Control, A single byte will be sent back (0x00) over the HID Control. This doesn't happen when I send the rather long (0xA2,0x01,0x00, 0x00, ...) to enable the Fake controller. So I've decided that when I read a single 0x00 byte on the HID Control, I'll then send the enable gasia report, and well, it works.
    I don't have a real controller on me atm to test if it works with that but I hope this might help in detecting a real to a fake controller.

Cheers
    Roman

Beans

anyone that figured out how to get qtsixa working outside game applications or managed to acess keyboard or mouse thru the sixaxis

Since Ive tryed creating my own game profiles for the games I would like to play but this goes beyond my knowledge of this application.

I was thinking if it was possible to add new profiles like the implemented neverball and extreme tux racing and the other profiles in order to get these applications working within our outside the box

Most games downloaded thru the application or program center seems to be working with qtsixaxis without having to do anything else then pressing the middle button on the sixaxis and then editing some of the keybinds ingame I've succesfully played some fps game with a big N on it that worked fine untill I updated ubuntu to my current version

also mailed falk for more information on this issues

Beans

It's possible to configure your own profiles using the QtSixA GUI.
    Last time I tried you just used the menus to add a new profile, then set a joystick to use that profile (and re-connect).

It's been a long time since I've used QtSixA or worked on it though, I don't have the motivation to work much on it right now...
    (Laptop sucks for games, I have too much work and not much free time to enjoy games)

Beans

Aight....

I dont really get how to use the GUI for profiles since there's nowhere to apply them like the existing ones. Just a window for ubuntu would solve it like the existing ones for neverball and tux extreme racing. But I get that you have other things to do

The problem is not in creating profiles but actually applying them to the controller. This might work differently on different computers and versions of ubuntu. A window for an ubuntu game profile would solve this period
    Last edited by Smakone; May 2nd, 2012 at 10:31 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Smakone View Post
    Aight....

I dont really get how to use the GUI for profiles since there's nowhere to apply them like the existing ones. Just a window for ubuntu would solve it like the existing ones for neverball and tux extreme racing. But I get that you have other things to do

The problem is not in creating profiles but actually applying them to the controller. This might work differently on different computers and versions of ubuntu. A window for an ubuntu game profile would solve this period
    no, you're confusing game profiles with input profiles.
    The first just creates a game config with the joystick already mapped (ie, neverball with axis and buttons pre-mapped).
    To map keyboard/mouse actions the GUI is in a different place - Menu 'settings' -> 'Manage Device/Profiles'. Then on the 'Input profiles' tab, add a new one. When done, switch over to the 'Devices' tab again, and either set the default profile to the one you just created, or from a list of connected sixaxis.

Beans

Ok

so this is how I set up the profile

http://oi46.tinypic.com/14vtuzm.jpg

and this is how to set it up

http://oi49.tinypic.com/qrjh1h.jpg

But as you can see I've opened up wines notepad and I cant get the sixaxis to acess the notepad

Might have been me that misunderstood something

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Smakone View Post
    Ok

so this is how I set up the profile

http://oi46.tinypic.com/14vtuzm.jpg

and this is how to set it up

http://oi49.tinypic.com/qrjh1h.jpg

But as you can see I've opened up wines notepad and I cant get the sixaxis to acess the notepad

Might have been me that misunderstood something
    oh, are you using USB?
    that won't work just like that... (the manual explains it).

but anyway, for USB, use 'sixad-raw', like:
    Code:
    sudo sixad-raw /dev/hidrawX
    watch 'dmesg' after connecting a sixaxis to see what the 'X' value is.
    in the GUI make sure you apply the profile to the 'hidraw' device.

Beans

terminal:

jocke@jocke-K53SV:~$ sudo sixad-raw /dev/hidrawX
    [sudo] password for jocke:
    sixad-raw:pen(hidrawX) - failed to open hidraw device
    jocke@jocke-K53SV:~$

I'm connected with bluetooth thru the usb wire. The company that sold this computer to me helped me set it up

Got full acess to the sixaxis in neverball so this shouldnt be the problem

this is where I want to add my profile

http://oi49.tinypic.com/2zebj7l.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtJOWL2I4sE

tryed his software but without luck
    Last edited by Smakone; May 2nd, 2012 at 11:18 AM.

Beans

I recently installed Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise Pangolin) and i am having a hard time getting my PS3 controler to work.

I was using 11.10 before + the package from the PPA and it was working fine, so i know my hardware isn't the cause. For testing purposes i have re installed 11.10 and tested again, with succes.

Ive tried installing using 2 differents methods. After i upgraded my old 11.10 to 12.04, i noticed there were no Precise Pangolin packages in the PPA so i grabbed the source and built it.
    The other method i tried was installing the Oneiric Ocelot .deb files directly (sixad first, then qtsixa).

I can pair my device without any issues.
    Once paired, i run "sudo sixad --stop" then "sudo sixad --start", then i open up qtsixa (just to see what is happening) and after that i push my "PS" button.
    On my fresh install + .deb, i get constant connects/disconnects in the UI and a popup that asks if i want to grant acces to the bluetooth device. I check the "Always grant acces" box then i click "grant" but the popups comes back for the whole duration of the controler's connection process. Once the controler gives up, i stop getting the popups. My terminal with "sixad --start" doesn't detect the controler.

On my upgraded install, i get constant connects/disconnects in the UI.
    My terminal with "sixad --start" doesn't detect the controler. (No popups on this one).

Any idea? I can provide more documentation (logs, screenshots, etc), just tell me what you need.

Thanks in advance and also thank you for making sixad and supporting it, i used it alot in me previous HTPC setups.

Page 102 of 109 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104 ... LastLast