Page 71 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

Oh it is working "normally"!

I wish I knew any games that support rumble for linux or windows, but I do not

Beans

Question Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

hello,
    I've been wondering I have gotten this to work with usb, but with blue-tooth it connects and I get the led's to function properly but it doesn't want to do anything with the buttons, nothing seems to function. has anyone had this problem, I am using a cheap blue-tooth dongle though I don't know if this could be the problem.
    --Thanks
    --Kevin

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dbzkid View Post
    hello,
    I've been wondering I have gotten this to work with usb, but with blue-tooth it connects and I get the led's to function properly but it doesn't want to do anything with the buttons, nothing seems to function. has anyone had this problem, I am using a cheap blue-tooth dongle though I don't know if this could be the problem.
    --Thanks
    --Kevin
    Hi, some other people have been complaining about the same thing...

I'm not sure why some Sixaxis are working and some are not,
    but I'll look deeply into it this weekend.

I'll let you guys know how it goes

Beans

Thank you very much, and thank you for the quick reply. Great application, It works perfect when you use it through usb, so I will use it that way. Again Thank you! and I was using the 1.5 beta on Ubuntu 10.04

--Kevin

**Edit**
    found out that with the new 1.5 beta, usb isnt working more precicely hidraw, when i go to the advanced tab, and choose to activate the hidraw on device hidraw0 (should be the sixaxis) it tells me this
    The sixad driver could not start.
    Are you sure you selected a Sixaxis?
    . I run it in terminal and i get this every time i try that feature
    Code:
    WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist, it will be ignored in a future release.
    what strangeness, and i used version 1.2 and it worked fine connected to usb
    Last edited by dbzkid; August 21st, 2010 at 04:36 AM. Reason: Spelling

Beans

awesome application! i have just managed to connect the keypad to my pc (not sure how i did it but it happened the 3rd time i tried). i only have one question, is it possible to assign the buttons to the left and right "mouse" button to "ctrl" an "alt"?

Beans

I was wondering if you would ever consider releasing a version for other distributions of Linux such as Fedora or something similar? If not, is it possible to compile the program on other distros and how difficult would that be? Do you have instructions for compiling (I did not see anything on the website or in the source)?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dbzkid View Post
    Thank you very much, and thank you for the quick reply. Great application, It works perfect when you use it through usb, so I will use it that way. Again Thank you! and I was using the 1.5 beta on Ubuntu 10.04

--Kevin

**Edit**
    found out that with the new 1.5 beta, usb isnt working more precicely hidraw, when i go to the advanced tab, and choose to activate the hidraw on device hidraw0 (should be the sixaxis) it tells me this
    . I run it in terminal and i get this every time i try that feature
    Code:
    WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist, it will be ignored in a future release.
    what strangeness, and i used version 1.2 and it worked fine connected to usb
    There are still missing pieces on the new 1.5.0 (beta) version.

In this case, you probably need to activate the uinput module first, like this:
    Code:
    sudo modprobe uinput
    sudo sixad-raw /dev/hidrawX

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dbrenha View Post
    awesome application! i have just managed to connect the keypad to my pc (not sure how i did it but it happened the 3rd time i tried). i only have one question, is it possible to assign the buttons to the left and right "mouse" button to "ctrl" an "alt"?
    Re-assign buttons on the keypad is not possible,
    it just goes with the default driver (it works, so...)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Xenphor View Post
    I was wondering if you would ever consider releasing a version for other distributions of Linux such as Fedora or something similar? If not, is it possible to compile the program on other distros and how difficult would that be? Do you have instructions for compiling (I did not see anything on the website or in the source)?
    Of course it's possible, but I will not be the one to do it, I'll need help.
    Someone already package it for ArchLinux (1.2.1 version) and there's a maemo package around the web

Compiling the application for other distros is not hard, as long as you have the required build dependencies.
    Just install them (bluez, python, pyqt, libusb) and run "make" on the source tree.

EDIT: and, of course, 'make install' to install it.
    (I once tested 1.2.1 on OpenSUSE, it worked fine)

Beans

Did you get anywhere on finding out why some controllers don't work?

Page 71 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast