Page 39 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

Beans

Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

okay i probably did somthing wrong before hand but i enabled L3/R3 thing but still not working i have it under gnome profile but i feel lost i guess

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by futuresnake View Post
    okay i probably did somthing wrong before hand but i enabled L3/R3 thing but still not working i have it under gnome profile but i feel lost i guess
    Well... I can't really help here - I don't have a PS3.

I know Okiura was able to get the profiles working on the PS3, I'll ask him

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hi falkTX,

Thanks for the help. Was about to muck around with my source file and double-check, but decided to try again as-is before changing anything. Now it's installed and working.

I'm not sure what happened before. It seemed like the files just weren't in the repo. Go figure!
    I must be updating Ubuntu. How else could I be expected to take seriously the phrase, "Unpacking replacement gnome"?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Chonnawonga View Post
    Hi falkTX,

Thanks for the help. Was about to muck around with my source file and double-check, but decided to try again as-is before changing anything. Now it's installed and working.

I'm not sure what happened before. It seemed like the files just weren't in the repo. Go figure!
    Maintaining 4 different repos is no easy task
    I have my old QtSixA repo; QtSixA PPA; Personal PPA; and "falkuntu" PPA (a new project I'm working on)

Maybe it was my fault, not sure. Sorry if that's the case

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

No worries, and thanks for all the work you've put into this! It's very cool.
    I must be updating Ubuntu. How else could I be expected to take seriously the phrase, "Unpacking replacement gnome"?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by futuresnake View Post

Once you've enabled the L3/R3 option you need to goto profiles and change to a differant one click apply then change back to the original one (this only need to be done once after enabling the L3/R3 option) then click apply, if this is not done the original fdi remains and the L3/R3 option are not added, Once you have done this disconnect and reconnect the Sixaxis. the Kbd and Mouse inputs are disabled by default so you will need to press both L3 and R3 once to enable them.

if this doesn't work for you let me know, i'll see what i can do

I have been looking for a way to enable these by default for a while now but not had much luck, FalkTX had the right idea of adding the option on the SixA config. I have tested this option on both my systems and it works well

Okiura,

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Okiura View Post
    Once you've enabled the L3/R3 option you need to goto profiles and change to a differant one click apply then change back to the original one (this only need to be done once after enabling the L3/R3 option) then click apply, if this is not done the original fdi remains and the L3/R3 option are not added, Once you have done this disconnect and reconnect the Sixaxis. the Kbd and Mouse inputs are disabled by default so you will need to press both L3 and R3 once to enable them.

if this doesn't work for you let me know, i'll see what i can do

I have been looking for a way to enable these by default for a while now but not had much luck, FalkTX had the right idea of adding the option on the SixA config. I have tested this option on both my systems and it works well

Okiura,
    Many thanks again Okiura, you're the best.
    I was in doubt if this was working or not... thanks for all the testing you've made so far.

Have you tried "man joystick" - there's a list of the available options there, but I don't have a PS3 to test all little changes.
    Let me know if you find anything useful

Beans

I found the options

Code:
    Option StartMouseEnabled "True"
    Option StartKeysEnabled "True"
    can't get them to work in the fdi's though, gonna try in a xorg.conf instead also will try both fdi's and xorg.conf on my x86 just incase it's a broke ppc input-joystick build... didn't see the options in the source for ppc i'll do this today at some point and post update.

Beans

sigh not working for me i did what u said Okiura and still no luck if theres anything i can do to help im sort of noob but i can give some info i guess if it may help

Beans

welcome to the linux world futuresnake lol and prepare to spend long hours on troubleshooting like i did! i feel your pain!
    Last edited by Slumz187; November 6th, 2009 at 07:07 AM.

Page 39 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast