Page 107 of 109 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1082

Thread: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

Beans

Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

FalkTX, thanks for all of your work on this.

I have used your program on my ubuntu machine for quite a while. I recently have been trying to get it up and running on my raspberry pi (Debian Wheezy based PiMAME image). I got sixad compiled and installed fine and the controller connects and is recognized as a joystick. The problem is that the emulators that I have tried (AdvanceMAME and MAME4all) do not recognize the cross, circle, or triangle buttons as inputs. When i try jstest or hidraw-dump the buttons clearly are working.

My solution was to create a /var/lib/sixad/profiles/default config file and specify that i wanted to use input instead of joystick mode. i then specified all of the keypresses i wanted to use for input. But everytime i connect it is still seen as a joystick. It is like sixad is not reading my config files and only using the internal defaults. i tried copying my default file to a mac address specific one and it did not help. i have inluded the contents of my default config below.

Code:
    # ##########################
    # sixad configuration file #
    ########################## #

# Features
    enable_leds 1
    enable_joystick 0
    enable_input 1
    enable_remote 0
    enable_rumble 0
    enable_timeout 1

# LED
    led_n_auto 1
    led_n_number 1
    led_anim 1

# Joystick
    enable_buttons 1
    enable_sbuttons 1
    enable_axis 1
    enable_accel 0
    enable_accon 0
    enable_speed 0
    enable_pos 0

# Input - None
    key_select 25
    key_l3 6
    key_r3 15
    key_start 28
    key_up 103
    key_right 106
    key_down 108
    key_left 105
    key_l2 47
    key_r2 46
    key_l1 45
    key_r1 44
    key_tri 42
    key_cir 56
    key_squ 57
    key_cro 29
    key_ps 1
    axis_left_type 2
    axis_left_up 18
    axis_left_right 33
    axis_left_down 32
    axis_left_left 31
    axis_right_type 2
    axis_right_up 23
    axis_right_right 38
    axis_right_down 37
    axis_right_left 36
    axis_speed 6
    use_lr3 0

# Remote
    remote_numberic 1
    remote_dvd 1
    remote_directional 1
    remote_multimedia 1

# Rumble
    old_rumble_mode 0

# Timeout
    timeout_mins 30

# Misc
    out_of_reach_disconnects 0
    Also, when i run sixad in the for ground I get the following message:
    Code:
    pi@raspberrypi ~ $ sudo sixad --start
    sixad-bin[2494]: started
    sixad-bin[2494]: sixad started, press the PS button now
    sixad-bin[2494]: unable to connect to sdp session
    sixad-bin[2494]: Connected Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Controller (60:38:0E:75:A1:D4)
    I do not know is the sdp session error is causing sixad to use it's internal defaults or if this is unrelated.

Sorry i had to post this in the Ubunut forums, but this was the only place to get help mentioned on your website and I have not been able to find a solution on the rPi forums or Google. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Beans

Can someone explain to me how to use profiles? I just want to use my DS3 as a controller for emulators/PCSX & PCSX2.
    Last edited by Spartoi; August 17th, 2013 at 08:00 AM.

Beans

Question Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

Hi!

I, too have a little problem getting the controller to work via bt and i fear that the line marked red could indicate a problem? :> i am a linux noob though, so i'm hoping to find some help here. Thanks in advance!

root@xbmc:/home/bolli# sixad --stop
    root@xbmc:/home/bolli# sixad --start
    D-Bus setup failed: Name already in use
    sixad-bin[2310]: started
    sixad-bin[2310]: sixad started, press the PS button now
    sixad-sixaxis[2312]: started
    sixad-sixaxis[2312]: Connected 'PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller (04:76:6E:46:81:06)' [Battery 00]
    sixad-sixaxis[2312]: Bad Sixaxis buffer (out of battery?), disconneting now...
    sixad-sixaxis[2312]: Force disconnect of "04:76:6E:46:81:06"

Edit: Problem solved, i bought a new bluetooth adapter today and now everything works like a charm.
    Last edited by Bolli1983; October 26th, 2013 at 12:11 PM. Reason: solved

Beans
    Hidden!

Could you tell us wich one (brand, model) did you get?

I just bought today an unbranded bluetooth dongle and I cannot make it work. The regular bluetooth features works great and I can pair the ps3 gamepad but cannot connect it by "sixad", the controller lights dont stop blinking (btw: I know how "qtsixa" works because I can use it perfectly in my laptop, what I cant do is use it in my desktop pc).

Thanks!

Beans

Will there be support for the PS3 Sony Navigation Controller (CECH-ZCS1U)?

Here's what dmesg has to say when I plug it in:
    [292066.016653] input: Sony Navigation Controller as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.0/usb2/2-1/2-1.3/2-1.3.4/2-1.3.4:1.0/input/input55
    [292066.019948] sony 0003:054C:042F.000E: input,hiddev0,hidraw5: USB HID v1.11 Joystick [Sony Navigation Controller] on usb-0000:00:1d.0-1.3.4/input0
    [292243.035187] Bluetooth: BNEP (Ethernet Emulation) ver 1.3
    [292243.035192] Bluetooth: BNEP filters: protocol multicast
    [292243.035200] Bluetooth: BNEP socket layer initialized
    [292245.138818] Bluetooth: HIDP (Human Interface Emulation) ver 1.2
    [292245.138829] Bluetooth: HIDP socket layer initialized
    [292266.279897] usb 2-1.3.4: USB disconnect, device number 84
    [292289.766285] usb 2-1.3.4: new full-speed USB device number 85 using ehci-pci
    [292289.974543] usb 2-1.3.4: New USB device found, idVendor=054c, idProduct=042f
    [292289.974548] usb 2-1.3.4: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
    [292289.974551] usb 2-1.3.4: Product: Navigation Controller
    [292289.974553] usb 2-1.3.4: Manufacturer: Sony
    [292290.009369] sony 0003:054C:042F.000F: Fixing up Sony Sixaxis report descriptor
    [292290.052499] input: Sony Navigation Controller as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.0/usb2/2-1/2-1.3/2-1.3.4/2-1.3.4:1.0/input/input56
    [292290.052795] sony 0003:054C:042F.000F: input,hiddev0,hidraw5: USB HID v1.11 Joystick [Sony Navigation Controller] on usb-0000:00:1d.0-1.3.4/input0

sixpair nor qtsixa are working at all with it near as I can tell, although "sixad-raw /dev/hidraw5" seems to read it fine:
    root@shockwave:~# sixad-raw /dev/hidraw5
    sixad-raw[2750]: Connected 'PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller (hidraw)' [Battery EE]
    sixad-raw[2750]: Notice: non-standard Sixaxis buffer size (49)
    ^C

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Beans

If anyone is interested I've built the sixaxis pairing patch for bluez on trusty and uploaded it to a ppa at https://launchpad.net/~nadia-xy/+archive/ppa. This patch doesn't require qtsixa installing and just uses the normal kernel driver (which supports everything but the LED's at this point I believe). It should let you use other bluetooth devices at the same time too rather than the adapter being dedicated to sixaxis and dualshock 3. Just install the new bluez and connect your controller and it should pair automatically.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by nadia-xy View Post
    If anyone is interested I've built the sixaxis pairing patch for bluez on trusty and uploaded it to a ppa at https://launchpad.net/~nadia-xy/+archive/ppa. This patch doesn't require qtsixa installing and just uses the normal kernel driver (which supports everything but the LED's at this point I believe). It should let you use other bluetooth devices at the same time too rather than the adapter being dedicated to sixaxis and dualshock 3. Just install the new bluez and connect your controller and it should pair automatically.
    Does this solve the problem of getting the PS3 Sony Navigation Controller (CECH-ZCS1U) to pair? If it's a bluez patch, how do I get the USB pairing to happen before it will work over bluetooth since sixpair refuses to recognize this device?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by nadia-xy View Post

Hi! Nadia-xy!

I am highly interested I have joust bought a fake ps3 controller, and I am able to use it with my Nexus 7 using sixaxis controller without problem. Now, I am trying to use it with in my Ubuntu trusty and I am finding some issues. It is working out of the box when I use the usb cable, but when I try to synchronize the gamepad via bluetooth the lights always keep on blinking. I have tried the PPA and the guide at the beginning of this thread without luck. I have also tried your PPA, but bluetooth seems to stop working: the app indicator disappears and I am not able to re-enable the bluetooth service until I purge your ppa . I guess I am doing something wrong, but now I am completely lost.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by juanmanuelagueda View Post
    Hi! Nadia-xy!

I am highly interested I have joust bought a fake ps3 controller, and I am able to use it with my Nexus 7 using sixaxis controller without problem. Now, I am trying to use it with in my Ubuntu trusty and I am finding some issues. It is working out of the box when I use the usb cable, but when I try to synchronize the gamepad via bluetooth the lights always keep on blinking. I have tried the PPA and the guide at the beginning of this thread without luck. I have also tried your PPA, but bluetooth seems to stop working: the app indicator disappears and I am not able to re-enable the bluetooth service until I purge your ppa . I guess I am doing something wrong, but now I am completely lost.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    I've not tested with any fake controllers, I only have an official sixaxis and ds3, so it could just be that the patch doesn't support the unofficial ones correctly or the kernel module itself doesn't. This is just a port of the patch found at https://iwilcox.me.uk/2012/sixaxis-ubuntu to the version of bluez trusty includes and although I can package it, I might not be able to debug it. Can you post the output of lsusb and dmesg with your controller connected via usb and the output of dmesg when you try and pair over bluetooth (with the patched bluez installed)? The lights flashing is normal, the kernel version that ubuntu ships with doesn't handle the LED's correctly yet, you would need to install mainline for those to work but it shouldn't break bluetooth.

Regarding the navigation controller, again I have no idea as I don't have one and didn't write the patch, I just applied it against the current ubuntu bluez sources. This should all hopefully resolved when ubuntu moves to Bluez 5 and sony peripheral support is built in by default.

Beans

I've forked the qtsixa repository and hacked the code a bit to make sixad work with original and fake GASIA controllers at the same time (tested with one original and one fake).
    I'm using it for RetroPie. Posting it here in case anyone is interested.

https://github.com/supertypo/qtsixa.git

Page 107 of 109 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109 LastLast