Page 94 of 107 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
Results 931 to 940 of 1069

Thread: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

  1. #931
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Portugal
    Beans
    1,155

    Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

    Quote Originally Posted by quequotion View Post
    Can sixad's force feedback work in WINE?

    According to the WINE Wiki, there is support for force feedback using DirectInput on top of evdev.

    In the WINE Forums I found some advice on making it work, which I have not tried.



    I only have one application to test the force feedback, ePSXe 1.7.0, in which it is definitely not working, but WINE seems to have some trouble with sixad. All of the input works, but the analog controls get mapped to extra, imaginary controllers.
    The force feedback *does* work in Wine, but it depends on the games.

    Windows has support for custom FF effects, which linux doesn't (the base is there, but since no driver uses it, no one cares about it too).

    ePSXe is one game that uses custom FF effects, so it's rumble won't work with any linux joystick.

  2. #932
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Oita, Japan
    Beans
    419
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

    Quote Originally Posted by falkTX View Post
    The force feedback *does* work in Wine, but it depends on the games.
    Thank you for giving the good news first!

  3. #933
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Beans
    2

    Question Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

    Hi falkTX, thanks for all your work on this. I have everything working, sixaxis works great as either joystick or input... but I'd like to be able to switch between the two on the fly.

    Or even simpler than that, I'd like the controller to be in joystick mode while XBMC is running, and input mode when it's not. Would a game profile accomplish this? Is it possible for me to make custom game profiles?

    My end goal here is an HTPC controlled by sixaxis only.

  4. #934
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Portugal
    Beans
    1,155

    Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

    Quote Originally Posted by stoke451 View Post
    Hi falkTX, thanks for all your work on this. I have everything working, sixaxis works great as either joystick or input... but I'd like to be able to switch between the two on the fly.

    Or even simpler than that, I'd like the controller to be in joystick mode while XBMC is running, and input mode when it's not. Would a game profile accomplish this? Is it possible for me to make custom game profiles?

    My end goal here is an HTPC controlled by sixaxis only.
    You can make your own profile, either by using the GUI or modifying the files directly.
    For modifying the files, the manual explains how it works:
    http://qtsixa.git.sourceforge.net/gi...s/heads/master

    It's not possible to change input/joystick modes on the fly.
    BUT, you can use the "disable mouse/key using l3/r3" which works as nicely.

    Simply activate joystick and input, and the l3/r3 option. When you don't need the axis, press L3; for buttons it's R3. Revert by using l3 or r3 again (joystick mode always works).
    (L3/R3 are the axis buttons. You can press them down, it's a button)

  5. #935
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Beans
    2

    Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

    Quote Originally Posted by falkTX View Post
    You can make your own profile, either by using the GUI or modifying the files directly.
    I understand the device profiles, but the manual doesn't mention game profiles, which I was thinking I could create one for XBMC.

    Quote Originally Posted by falkTX View Post
    BUT, you can use the "disable mouse/key using l3/r3" which works as nicely.
    I'll give this a try, it sounds like what I'm looking for.

  6. #936
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Oita, Japan
    Beans
    419
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

    I don't give up easily

    I read somewhere that xserver-xorg-input-joystick can wrap force feedback calls from WINE and feed them to events.

    As a test I ran sixad in a terminal while playing a game in ePSXe 1.7.0

    With xserver-xorg-input-joystick, sixad reports feedback calls, but no vibration occurs on the controller.

    Without xserver-xorg-input-joystick sixad reports nothing about feedback in this scenario.

    Also, I experienced some bad behavior from sixad last night (linux always seems to act up when I have parties...). The controllers were not connecting properly by bluetooth (possibly due to low battery) so I tried cables.

    Usually, one plugs in the USB cable and then preses the PS button to get the HID driver to pick up the controller, but it wasn't working.. None of them would operate in USB mode (jstest showed no movement at all) and when I disconnected them they each connected by Bluetooth immediately, but displayed strange LED ...combinations? (2 and 4 / 3 and 4).

    It may have something to do with the connection, since I used an un-powered USB2.0 splitter to connect four controllers to one port, but neither sixad nor ubuntu gave any warning and the controllers do recharge properly with the splitter.

  7. #937
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Beans
    6

    Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

    Hy everyone,
    I read some forum without found some interesting solution to my problem.
    I've install QtSixA without any problem, and i see my controller on USB mode (led blinking, and stop when batteries is full), so I go to the menu for pairing my controller and no problem, but when i disconnect from USB, led blinking 10sec (i can see my sixaxis on the QtSixA window) but Sixaxis will shut down after.
    I've tried a 'sixad --stop ; sixad --start' to force the connection in vain.

    I've read that is possible that my PS3 controller is not the 'official' by SONY.

    Did anyone have a solution for me ?

    RominuX

  8. #938
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Portugal
    Beans
    1,155

    Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

    Quote Originally Posted by RominuX View Post
    Hy everyone,
    I read some forum without found some interesting solution to my problem.
    I've install QtSixA without any problem, and i see my controller on USB mode (led blinking, and stop when batteries is full), so I go to the menu for pairing my controller and no problem, but when i disconnect from USB, led blinking 10sec (i can see my sixaxis on the QtSixA window) but Sixaxis will shut down after.
    I've tried a 'sixad --stop ; sixad --start' to force the connection in vain.

    I've read that is possible that my PS3 controller is not the 'official' by SONY.

    Did anyone have a solution for me ?

    RominuX
    I did my best trying to make those non-Sony controllers to work, but failed.
    If you know how to code, you can hack it and try to make it work. Get the code with:
    Code:
    apt-get source qtsixa
    note sixad/bluetooth.cpp, I used GASIA_GAMEPAD_HACKS macro for trying to make it work.

    But basically, when support for this is enabled (bypassing bluetooth SDP request) we get a nasty kernel crash...

  9. #939
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Beans
    6

    Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

    Thx for your reply,
    a 'cat /proc/bus/input/devices' show me: Name="SHENGHIC 2009/0708ZXW-V1Inc. PLAYSTATION(R)3Conteroller"

    I don't know how to code in C, but I will look the source.

    Is this a problem with the internal firmware of the controller, or the bluetooth ? (if you know)

    Thx
    Bye



    Sorry for my imperfect english (I'm french

  10. #940
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Portugal
    Beans
    1,155

    Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

    Quote Originally Posted by RominuX View Post
    Thx for your reply,
    a 'cat /proc/bus/input/devices' show me: Name="SHENGHIC 2009/0708ZXW-V1Inc. PLAYSTATION(R)3Conteroller"

    I don't know how to code in C, but I will look the source.

    Is this a problem with the internal firmware of the controller, or the bluetooth ? (if you know)

    Thx
    Bye



    Sorry for my imperfect english (I'm french
    If you don't know how to code, just ignore this. I don't even fully understand what's going on there.

    The device doesn't work currently because it lacks SDP session support, which is required in the current driver (based on the old 'hidd' one).

Page 94 of 107 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •