Page 9 of 109 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

Beans

Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

Bingo - after some searching I found that the onboard bluetooth adaptor for the new mac mini is broken. Thanks for your help debugging this problem. I'll probably just go grab a dongle and try again.

Thanks!

Beans

@FalkTX

Sorry, I'll try and explain it better .... I think it may of just been my mistake, pressing Ctrl+R usually brings up the "bluetooth should now be started" box.The problem I was having was that i pressed Ctrl+R it wasn't restarting because my cursor wasn't on the program, but on the desktop so it was refreshing the desktop instead.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by falkTX View Post
    I don't have one to try it out, but I think it only needs some input profile (NOT the same as the ones in QtSixA) that will map buttons from the pad to "fake" real buttons.
    To be honest, I didn't even knew it has mouse input...

But you can help by doing this:
    1. connect it to the USB (without Sixaxis, just the pad) and run "lsusb" from a terminal. Then post the output
    2. connect it through bluetooth (how did you do this?) and run "dmesg | tail". Send me the output as well.

That will help
    Connecting it via your sixaxis program is quite easy:
    Code:
    stinger@psubuntu:~$ sixa s
    [sudo] password for stinger:
     * Stopping bluetooth                                                                                                                                                                                                                 [ OK ]
    Please press the PS button on your Sixaxis joysticks
    Once you see them reported here, click 'Enter' or 'Return' on the PC keyboard
    Using LED #1
    hidd[4312]: Bluetooth HID daemon
    hidd[4312]: New HID device 00:23:06:68:66:3A (Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Keypad)

hidd[4312]: Exit
     * Starting bluetooth
    So I think this thing is actually a keyboard, as it works right out of the box on the console after pairing it via the sixa program.

I think it's just this HAL thing I've been reading about, cause this is what my Xorg.0.log says right after it's connected via your sixa program:

Code:
    (II) config/hal: Adding input device Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Keypad
    (II) Synaptics touchpad driver version 0.99.3
    (**) Option "Device" "/dev/input/event2"
    (--) Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Keypad: no supported touchpad found
    (**) Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Keypad: always reports core events
    (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Keypad" (type: TOUCHPAD)
    (**) Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Keypad: (accel) keeping acceleration scheme 1
    (**) Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Keypad: (accel) filter chain progression: 2.00
    (**) Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Keypad: (accel) filter stage 0: 20.00 ms
    (**) Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Keypad: (accel) set acceleration profile 0
    it only recognizes the touch pad .. any idea how I can tell Hal .. hey uhm .. it has 2 devices you should look at *smacks*?

I know this probably has nothing to do anymore with your program, but any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by DEagleson View Post
    Have you tried activating thee Vram as Swap?
    I dont remember exacly how to do it but a quick google search should point you in the right direction.
    Yeah I did, it helped a bit. It's just too bad it's all stuck in the hypervisor, could have done so much more fun stuff with it.

Beans
    Distro

2. connect it through bluetooth (how did you do this?) and run "dmesg | tail". Send me the output as well.
    this gives:
    Code:
    [ 2596.385931] input: Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Keypad as /devices/ps3_system/sb_07/usb2/2-2/2-2:1.0/bluetooth/hci0/hci0:44/input7
    [ 2596.426420] generic-bluetooth 0005:054C:03A0.0007: input,hidraw4: BLUETOOTH HID v0.01 Mouse [Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Keypad] on 00:1B:FB:9C:21:29
    edit: a little ps. on this .. should I maybe set up these input devices in my xorg.conf or so? .. it's totally empty right now <.< .. first time I see that, so I guess it detects all settings himself? .. just brainstorming on my own here
    Last edited by stingerid4; July 22nd, 2009 at 01:33 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Code:
    sudo /etc/init.d/bluetooth stop
    sudo modprobe uinput
    sudo sixad-bin
    Then press the PS button. It will connect and register a new joystick, with the Accelerometers/Gyro in Axis 4-7. The Axis 20-27 were disabled, cause they are not needed and don't do anything at all.

Please report anything you get
    my report:
    Code:
    stinger@psubuntu:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/bluetooth stop
     * Stopping bluetooth                                                                                                                                                                                                                 [ OK ]
    stinger@psubuntu:~$ sudo modprobe uinput
    WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/oss-compat, it will be ignored in a future release.
    stinger@psubuntu:~$ sudo sixad-bin
    Will Use LED #1
    Press the PS button now
    error on uinput ioctl (UI_SET_ABSBIT)
    sixad-bin: uinput_open(): : Invalid argument
    so close

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by stingerid4 View Post
    Code:
    stinger@psubuntu:~$ sudo sixad-bin
    Will Use LED #1
    Press the PS button now
    error on uinput ioctl (UI_SET_ABSBIT)
    sixad-bin: uinput_open(): : Invalid argument
    so close
    I think I solved this problem last night. Please try this again, but run now 'sixad' instead of 'sixad-bin'.
    That should give you the accelerometer driver (although it's a little experimental right now)

Edit: Don't forget to update first...
    Last edited by falkTX; July 22nd, 2009 at 09:36 AM.

Beans

Update:
    * Experimental Accelerometer/Gyro driver in a new tab
    * Info button now displays more information

I need to say, please test out the new driver (there's a new tab, "experimental", in the GUI).
    If this is reported to work good enough, I'll implemented as a main feature

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by stingerid4 View Post
    this gives:
    Code:
    [ 2596.385931] input: Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Keypad as /devices/ps3_system/sb_07/usb2/2-2/2-2:1.0/bluetooth/hci0/hci0:44/input7
    [ 2596.426420] generic-bluetooth 0005:054C:03A0.0007: input,hidraw4: BLUETOOTH HID v0.01 Mouse [Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Keypad] on 00:1B:FB:9C:21:29
    edit: a little ps. on this .. should I maybe set up these input devices in my xorg.conf or so? .. it's totally empty right now <.< .. first time I see that, so I guess it detects all settings himself? .. just brainstorming on my own here
    This should be fixed with a simple text file in the right location.

Please try downloading the attached file, unzip it, and copy it to:
    /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty

Then check if anything changed when connecting the pad again
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by falkTX; July 22nd, 2009 at 10:10 AM.

Beans
    Distro

This should be fixed with a simple text file in the right location.

Please try downloading the attached file, unzip it, and copy it to:
    /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty

Then check if anything changed when connecting the pad again
    tried this and I'm afriad the same thing happens:
    dmesg:
    Code:
    [  594.650085] Bluetooth: HIDP (Human Interface Emulation) ver 1.2
    [  601.679416] input: Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Keypad as /devices/ps3_system/sb_07/usb2/2-2/2-2:1.0/bluetooth/hci0/hci0:43/input2
    [  601.736572] generic-bluetooth 0005:054C:03A0.0002: input,hidraw1: BLUETOOTH HID v0.01 Mouse [Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Keypad] on 00:1B:FB:9C:21:29
    Xorg log:
    Code:
    (II) config/hal: Adding input device Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Keypad
    (II) LoadModule: "synaptics"
    (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input//synaptics_drv.so
    (II) Module synaptics: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
            compiled for 1.6.0, module version = 0.99.3
            Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
            ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 4.0
    (II) Synaptics touchpad driver version 0.99.3
    (**) Option "Device" "/dev/input/event2"
    (**) Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Keypad: always reports core events
    (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Keypad" (type: TOUCHPAD)
    (**) Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Keypad: (accel) keeping acceleration scheme 1
    (**) Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Keypad: (accel) filter chain progression: 2.00
    (**) Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Keypad: (accel) filter stage 0: 20.00 ms
    (**) Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Keypad: (accel) set acceleration profile 0
    I put it here:
    Code:
    stinger@psubuntu:/usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty$ ls -l
    total 16
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3046 2009-04-07 23:37 10-wacom.fdi
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1568 2009-03-19 08:49 10-x11-joystick.fdi
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  402 2009-07-22 11:05 10-x11-sony_pad.fdi
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  497 2009-04-03 21:07 11-x11-synaptics.fdi
    Even rebooted after putting it there, was probably not needed, but to no avail.

I think I solved this problem last night. Please try this again, but run now 'sixad' instead of 'sixad-bin'.
    That should give you the accelerometer driver (although it's a little experimental right now)

Edit: Don't forget to update first...
    This is what happened when I updated: (I just did apt-get update/apt-get upgrade)
    Code:
    Get:1 http://falktx.xtreemhost.com jaunty/main sixa-extra-modules 0.2a-falktx5 [8804B]
    Get:2 http://falktx.xtreemhost.com jaunty/main qt-sixa 0.3.1-falktx5 [1839kB]
    Fetched 1848kB in 2s (651kB/s)
    (Reading database ... 113190 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to replace sixa-extra-modules 0.2a-falktx3 (using .../sixa-extra-modules_0.2a-falktx5_all.deb) ...
    Unpacking replacement sixa-extra-modules ...
    Preparing to replace qt-sixa 0.3.1-falktx4 (using .../qt-sixa_0.3.1-falktx5_all.deb) ...
    Unpacking replacement qt-sixa ...
    Setting up sixa-extra-modules (0.2a-falktx5) ...
    -m64 build flag was set
    sixad-bin: no process killed
    gcc -m64 -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE     -c -o uinputdev.o uinputdev.c
    In file included from /usr/include/features.h:354,
                     from /usr/include/stdio.h:28,
                     from uinputdev.c:20:
    /usr/include/gnu/stubs.h:9:27: error: gnu/stubs-64.h: No such file or directory
    make: *** [uinputdev.o] Error 1
    cp: cannot stat `/tmp/sixa_extra/sixad-bin': No such file or directory
    rm -f uinputdev.o sixsrv.o sixad-bin

Setting up qt-sixa (0.3.1-falktx5) ...
    guessing it's trying to compile something 64 bit?

After this the sixad still gives the same error as before.

Update:
    * Experimental Accelerometer/Gyro driver in a new tab
    * Info button now displays more information

I need to say, please test out the new driver (there's a new tab, "experimental", in the GUI).
    If this is reported to work good enough, I'll implemented as a main feature
    This does nothing when I activate the experimental driver and then press the PS button on my controller, it doesn't connect, but I assume that's because of the update error?

Beans

Thanks for the report.
    I have found a solution for this already (missing file)

I'll upload an update to the repo soon

Page 9 of 109 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast