Page 52 of 107 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 1069

Thread: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

  1. #511
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Zuerich / Switzerland
    Beans
    24
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

    Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

    Hello

    I just installed Ubuntu 9.10 on my PS3 and the next step would have been to enable Sixaxis support through QtSixA. So I added the two corresponding repositories mentioned in the first post but I can't install version 1.2 of QtSixA as it depends on sixad which is only available in version 1.1.1 and not the required minimum of 1.2.
    Did I add the wrong repos? Do I have to get sixad elsewhere or do I just have to wait a bit until the new sixad will be released or do I have to do something completely different?

    Thank you

  2. #512
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Portugal
    Beans
    1,155

    Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrigi View Post
    Hello

    I just installed Ubuntu 9.10 on my PS3 and the next step would have been to enable Sixaxis support through QtSixA. So I added the two corresponding repositories mentioned in the first post but I can't install version 1.2 of QtSixA as it depends on sixad which is only available in version 1.1.1 and not the required minimum of 1.2.
    Did I add the wrong repos? Do I have to get sixad elsewhere or do I just have to wait a bit until the new sixad will be released or do I have to do something completely different?

    Thank you
    There are 2 repositories.
    1 - untrusted repo with builds for 32bit, 64bit and PPC (PS3)
    2 - Ubuntu PPA, builds only for 32bit and 64bit.

    I wasn't able to compile v1.2.0 for PPC (Lucid errors), but someone did it on Karmic. Here's the link:
    http://launchpadlibrarian.net/388736...-0build.tar.gz
    Install sixad first then qtsixa.

  3. #513
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Beans
    2

    Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

    Okay I am new to this and have read bits and pieces of this thread. I was able to get my PS3 up and running with Ubuntu 9.10 karmic. I have also done so with my IBM T40p laptop. I have Qtsixa 1.2 on both. I was able to get sixaxis controller recognized on both and working on the PS3 but not the T40p(thinking that it is because the internal dongle is not a 2.0). I was able to get my bluetooth keyboard recognized on both and working on the T40p but not the PS3. So my question is why would the keyboard not work with the PS3? Could it be that the PS3 dongle is 2.0? If so does anyone have a 2.0 working on their PC? The other thought is this is PPC versus PC 32bit. Trying to get all my thoughts out there and any help or ideas to try would be appreciated. I have browsed other threads that have used HIDD and/or disabled xserver-xorg-input-synaptic. Any thoughts on this? Thanks for any support.

  4. #514
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Portugal
    Beans
    1,155

    Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

    Quote Originally Posted by KC2LBF View Post
    Okay I am new to this and have read bits and pieces of this thread. I was able to get my PS3 up and running with Ubuntu 9.10 karmic. I have also done so with my IBM T40p laptop. I have Qtsixa 1.2 on both. I was able to get sixaxis controller recognized on both and working on the PS3 but not the T40p(thinking that it is because the internal dongle is not a 2.0). I was able to get my bluetooth keyboard recognized on both and working on the T40p but not the PS3. So my question is why would the keyboard not work with the PS3? Could it be that the PS3 dongle is 2.0? If so does anyone have a 2.0 working on their PC? The other thought is this is PPC versus PC 32bit. Trying to get all my thoughts out there and any help or ideas to try would be appreciated. I have browsed other threads that have used HIDD and/or disabled xserver-xorg-input-synaptic. Any thoughts on this? Thanks for any support.
    You should get rid of 'xserver-xorg-input-synaptic' when using a PS3 (known ubuntu bug).
    That keeps you from using Sixaxis profiles in the PS3 (and maybe the keypad too).
    I don't have a PS3 so I can't test this myself.

  5. #515
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Portugal
    Beans
    1,155

    Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

    QtSixA v1.2.1 released!

    Changelog:
    * Allow only single instance of QtSixA to run (LP: #518350)
    * Fix Sixaxis settings window too small
    * Start fixing 'Adding new profile works once out of a hundred times'
    (LP: #518105)

    NOTE TO ALL PS3 USERS:
    I no longer keep the PS3 repo (only PPA now).
    If you're using a PS3, delete the QtSixA repo from your Software Sources.
    Download the updated DEBs here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/qts...s.zip/download

  6. #516
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Beans
    2

    Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

    Well from what I have tried it did not seem to fix the issue. There could be something I am doing wrong or different that could be causing this. But if I get it figured out, I will def make a note of it and pass the information accordingly through here.

    Quote Originally Posted by falkTX View Post
    You should get rid of 'xserver-xorg-input-synaptic' when using a PS3 (known ubuntu bug).
    That keeps you from using Sixaxis profiles in the PS3 (and maybe the keypad too).
    I don't have a PS3 so I can't test this myself.

  7. #517
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Beans
    1

    Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

    I am running PS3 Ubuntu 9.10 and when installing the sixad 1.2.1 package i get the following error:



    Because of this i then cant install QtSixA.

    Thanks, Jamie

  8. #518
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Beans
    6

    Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

    Quote Originally Posted by falkTX View Post
    QtSixA v1.2.1 released!

    Changelog:



    NOTE TO ALL PS3 USERS:
    I no longer keep the PS3 repo (only PPA now).
    If you're using a PS3, delete the QtSixA repo from your Software Sources.
    Download the updated DEBs here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/qts...s.zip/download

    Hello, sorry if this has been answered, but a quick search didn't turn up any results. When I try to install the the DEBs on Ubuntu 9.04 for PS3, I get this:

    "Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: libbluetooth3 (>= 4.40)"

    I'm probably doing something wrong here, since I don't have a lot of experience in using Linux on a PS3, so any help would be much appreciated.

  9. #519
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Portugal
    Beans
    1,155

    Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

    Quote Originally Posted by LilDeamon View Post
    I am running PS3 Ubuntu 9.10 and when installing the sixad 1.2.1 package i get the following error:



    Because of this i then cant install QtSixA.

    Thanks, Jamie
    You're using my older files! (from sixaxis-gui... 2 years ago)

    Use Synaptic to remove bluez-sixaxis-bin, and any other package with "sixaxis" in the name.
    Then QtSixA will install fine.

  10. #520
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Portugal
    Beans
    1,155

    Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

    Quote Originally Posted by linuxcreeper View Post
    Hello, sorry if this has been answered, but a quick search didn't turn up any results. When I try to install the the DEBs on Ubuntu 9.04 for PS3, I get this:

    "Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: libbluetooth3 (>= 4.40)"

    I'm probably doing something wrong here, since I don't have a lot of experience in using Linux on a PS3, so any help would be much appreciated.
    First of all, you should install Karmic (ubuntu 9.10) (or you won't get accelerometer support and rumble, when it's supported).
    There are also some other issues with 9.04, so it's really recommended that you upgrade.

    For Jaunty (9.04), you need to install this first:
    http://launchpadlibrarian.net/324100...u2_powerpc.deb

Page 52 of 107 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •