Page 50 of 109 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

Beans

Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

Quote Originally Posted by falkTX View Post
    Yes, you'll need to pair it first.
    Just connect both the bluetooth dongle and the Sixaxis over USB, and launch the menu in QtSixA for that.

Then you can remove the Sixaxis from USB and press the PS button to connect.
    If it still refuses to connect you have a force option in the menu.

QtSixA also has a small manual, you should read it too (menu Help -> Manual)
    Thanks, turns out I just needed a reboot controller is now connecting

I would love to read the manual but I have *no* window manager installed so I cannot use any GUI applications at all. I kept it this way because the box is essentially just meant to boot straight into XBMC and I prefer to do things over the command line.

One quick question, is there any way to keep the controller connected even after a reboot? If not, would you be able to tell me how to get sixad to startup automatically on boot so I can just hit the PS button to connect?

Thanks for all your help.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Xeijin View Post
    Thanks, turns out I just needed a reboot controller is now connecting

I would love to read the manual but I have *no* window manager installed so I cannot use any GUI applications at all. I kept it this way because the box is essentially just meant to boot straight into XBMC and I prefer to do things over the command line.

One quick question, is there any way to keep the controller connected even after a reboot? If not, would you be able to tell me how to get sixad to startup automatically on boot so I can just hit the PS button to connect?

Thanks for all your help.
    The Sixaxis should connect without any user interaction (it uses udev rules, so sixad is auto-started when needed).

But sometimes this doesn't happen. So there's an option in the menu "Configure Sixaxis" -> Advanced -> sixad at boot.
    But notice that usual bluetooth stuff (mouse/keyboards/etc) will not connect in this mode

Beans

The Sixaxis should connect without any user interaction (it uses udev rules, so sixad is auto-started when needed).

But sometimes this doesn't happen. So there's an option in the menu "Configure Sixaxis" -> Advanced -> sixad at boot.
    But notice that usual bluetooth stuff (mouse/keyboards/etc) will not connect in this mode
    I'm guessing the udev rules don't apply to me since I'm not running it with QtSixa? Unfortunately I can't do the "Configure Sixaxis -> Advanced -> sixad at boot" as I'm not running a window manager. Would I be able to manually do this with the CLI?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Xeijin View Post
    I'm guessing the udev rules don't apply to me since I'm not running it with QtSixa? Unfortunately I can't do the "Configure Sixaxis -> Advanced -> sixad at boot" as I'm not running a window manager. Would I be able to manually do this with the CLI?
    This specific option yes.
    Run:
    Code:
    sudo sixad --boot-yes
    To revert:
    Code:
    sudo sixad --boot-no

For help (only with 1.2.0) run:
    Code:
    sixad --help

Beans

This specific option yes.
    Run:
    Code:
    sudo sixad --boot-yes
    To revert:
    Code:
    sudo sixad --boot-no
    For help (only with 1.2.0) run:
    Code:
    sixad --help
    Fantastic. Works flawlessly now, thank you so much! Only thing I've got to figure out now is how to get it working with XBMC!

Beans

Great work FalkTX, this is great. Thank you very much .

Beans

Good news!

QtSixA does now build on older Ubuntu PPAs (Jaunty & Intrepid), so users will be able to pass the error on my other repo.
    It also ensures that it works correctly, since the binaries are compiled with the same GCC/libc/etc as the Ubuntu version installed.

QtSixA v1.2.0 will be available soon (before the end of the month)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Thanks for the fantistic app FalkTX. From reading this forum, I've managed to get it downloaded, installed, paired and working! However, I do have one question that I hope you can help me with. I'm running Ubuntu 9.10 through a PS3 on a SDTV. Because of this the windows often expand off the bottom of the screen and i can't select the 'apply', 'cancel' etc buttons, so i rely on the Alt + grab method. Now i'm wanting to use my sixaxis without needing to have the keyboard or mouse attached. I see that in the Gnome profile there is a Alt option, but when i try using the mapped 'alt' + 'left mouse' + direction on the sixaxis I can't move the window. Would there be a way to map the 'grab' function to one of the buttons? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Gazaaa View Post
    I see that in the Gnome profile there is a Alt option, but when i try using the mapped 'alt' + 'left mouse' + direction on the sixaxis I can't move the window. Would there be a way to map the 'grab' function to one of the buttons? Any suggestions?
    I did look for it, but it doesn't seems to be possible. The 'Alt', 'Ctrl' and 'Meta' keys don't seem to work very well when combined with other keys.

But you can try making your own profile, change to whatever you need and check if it works.
    If it works, please tell me.
    I never got a Compiz effect profile done because 'Alt' + 'Ctrl' + left/right never worked too

Beans

Update: QtSixA v1.2.0 is released!

Most important changes since v1.1.1:
    - Fixed sixad-raw accelerometer #4 always at 32767
    - Re-arranged "Configure Sixaxis" dialog
    - Translations are now possible
    - Don't crash if list of profiles is not present
    - Warn user when using < 2.0 bluetooth dongle (Sixaxis incompatible)
    - Pre-compiled stuff are no longer needed
    - Running "sixad" in a terminal with no arguments shows some info instead of just starting server
    - Added useful docs to the source tree
    - Added Makefiles to easier install
    QtSixA is now also available for Lucid, Karmic, Jaunty and Intrepid.
    Check https://launchpad.net/~falk-t-j/+archive/qtsixa/ for details on how to install

PS3 users still need the untrusted repo. Also v1.2.0 packages for PowerPC/PS3 are not yet available. They will come soon

Enjoy and report any bugs you found

Page 50 of 109 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast