Page 21 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

Beans

Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

Neverball as been updated to 1.5.3 and has fixed the joystick problem.
    It should be in GetDeb/PlayDeb soon

EDIT: Even with 1.5.3 it doesn't work...
    But 1.5.1 works just fine, grab it:
    http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?ke...ll&section=all
    (you'll also need neverball-data and neverball-common packages)
    Last edited by falkTX; September 16th, 2009 at 04:02 PM.

Beans

Well I got the new version and I still can't seem to get the profiles working on ps3. I'm still having to use the old module in case that would make a difference. Of course since I'm new there is a possibility that I'm doing something wrong so if anyone else can get them working on ps3 (9.04) I would be interested to hear about it. Thanks for all the hard work.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Xenphor View Post
    Well I got the new version and I still can't seem to get the profiles working on ps3. I'm still having to use the old module in case that would make a difference. Of course since I'm new there is a possibility that I'm doing something wrong so if anyone else can get them working on ps3 (9.04) I would be interested to hear about it. Thanks for all the hard work.
    Sad to hear it's not working . I can't really fix this, as I don't have a PS3 to test any small workarounds.

And you don't need the old modules anymore. I've re-written sixad and it's now based on hidd (same code as the old modules)

Beans

Well as I said before it's probably my fault as I'm still new to all of this; which is why I would greatly appreciate any help from other PS3 owners to get the profiles working.

Beans

Update:
    I've been working on 0.5.0 already. The most significant changes will be the new GUI layout and the fact that it will be much faster than 0.4.x releases. As soon as it gets usable I'll probably release it on a separate package in my repo (qtsixa-0.5?).

Beans

Nobody else has said anything about it yet, so:

The two controllers work now. Even the profiles work. Though I have problems when trying to CREATE them (with both desktop and laptop). When trying to save, the GUI simply crashes, and the tray icon disappears. It nevertheless makes the fdi file, but it's not readable (and the size is anything from 176 to 568kB, instead of 2.6kB). The only way I could make it work was to copy one of the original fdi's, rename and gedit them manually, then add that file in the program.

BTW, the "Disconnect All" doesn't work either (I think it worked at some point). Well, this is at least the case when using Force Connection. Terminal only states that bluetooth is started again. The single Disconnect works normally, though.

Using 9.04, 32bit.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by aatu_kanifani View Post
    Nobody else has said anything about it yet, so:

The two controllers work now. Even the profiles work. Though I have problems when trying to CREATE them (with both desktop and laptop). When trying to save, the GUI simply crashes, and the tray icon disappears. It nevertheless makes the fdi file, but it's not readable (and the size is anything from 176 to 568kB, instead of 2.6kB). The only way I could make it work was to copy one of the original fdi's, rename and gedit them manually, then add that file in the program.

BTW, the "Disconnect All" doesn't work either (I think it worked at some point). Well, this is at least the case when using Force Connection. Terminal only states that bluetooth is started again. The single Disconnect works normally, though.

Using 9.04, 32bit.
    Because I re-wrote the whole sixad driver, some things may not work as before.
    I started working on a new version already, most because the GUI, at the moment, fills the entire screen, when I honestly think my app should only be an utility...

The v0.5 will be a serious thing, as I'm planning a sourceforge page and hosting the code at launchpad.
    Until then, keep using the "old" GUI and report the bugs you find (many thanks to those who do that!)

Can you upload the profile you created? (may be useful for other users)

Beans

Here you go, Fake_Joystick_2 (fdi and corresponding picture). Just take the .txt away from the end of the file (forum won't allow me to upload .fdi directly).

I made it so that it can be used simultaneously with the original Fake_Joystick without overlapping. (except the mouse movement, I left that intentionally)

If somebody wants to disable mouse, put the "mode=none" to the MapAxis1...Axis4 lines also.

And thanks again for the great app!

Here's the contents of the fdi-file for those without a forum login:

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <deviceinfo version="0.2">
      <device>
          <!-- Sixaxis configuration for Fake-Joystick Use (Keyboard) -->
          <match key="input.product" contains="PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller">

<merge key="input.x11_driver" type="string">joystick</merge>

<!-- Main Axis. Left=Mouse; Right=Scroll
            -->
            <merge key="input.x11_options.MapAxis1" type="string">mode=relative axis=+2x deadzone=5000</merge>
            <merge key="input.x11_options.MapAxis2" type="string">mode=relative axis=+2y deadzone=5000</merge>
            <merge key="input.x11_options.MapAxis3" type="string">mode=relative axis=+1zx deadzone=7500</merge>
            <merge key="input.x11_options.MapAxis4" type="string">mode=relative axis=+1zy deadzone=7500</merge>
    	<merge key="input.x11_options.MapAxis5" type="string">mode=none</merge>
    	<merge key="input.x11_options.MapAxis6" type="string">mode=none</merge>
    	<merge key="input.x11_options.MapAxis7" type="string">mode=none</merge>
    	<merge key="input.x11_options.MapAxis8" type="string">mode=none</merge>

<!-- Select=K; Start=L; PS=I
            -->
            <merge key="input.x11_options.MapButton1" type="string">key=K</merge>
            <merge key="input.x11_options.MapButton2" type="string">key=NoSymbol</merge>
            <merge key="input.x11_options.MapButton3" type="string">key=NoSymbol</merge>p
            <merge key="input.x11_options.MapButton4" type="string">key=L</merge>
            <merge key="input.x11_options.MapButton17" type="string">key=I</merge>

<!-- Directional keys (Up=G, Down=V, Left=F & Right=B)
            -->
            <merge key="input.x11_options.MapButton5" type="string">key=G</merge>
            <merge key="input.x11_options.MapButton8" type="string">key=F</merge>
            <merge key="input.x11_options.MapButton6" type="string">key=B</merge>
            <merge key="input.x11_options.MapButton7" type="string">key=V</merge>

<!-- R2=P; L2=Y; R1=O; L1=U
            -->
            <merge key="input.x11_options.MapButton10" type="string">key=P</merge>
            <merge key="input.x11_options.MapButton9" type="string">key=Y</merge>
            <merge key="input.x11_options.MapButton12" type="string">key=O</merge>
            <merge key="input.x11_options.MapButton11" type="string">key=U</merge>

<!-- Cross=N; Circle=M; Square=H; Triangle=J
            -->

<merge key="input.x11_options.MapButton15" type="string">key=N</merge>
            <merge key="input.x11_options.MapButton14" type="string">key=M</merge>
            <merge key="input.x11_options.MapButton16" type="string">key=H</merge>
            <merge key="input.x11_options.MapButton13" type="string">key=J</merge>

</match>
      </device>
    </deviceinfo>
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Update: (changelog) :
    Code:
    qtsixa (0.5.0-dev_falktx1) unstable

* New package name (qtsixa instead of qt-sixa)
      * New GUI layout (not finished yet)

sixad (0.5-falktx0) unstable

* Merged sixpair into sixad package
      * Stop launching hcid before sixad (was needed for SDP, but SDP is now included in sixad)
      * Drop bluez-sixa package (no longer needed)
      * Preparations for RPM Linuxes (Fedora, OpenSUSE, etc)
      * Fixed LED # increase issue
    The new (development/unstable) package is now on the repo (called "qtsixa" instead of "qt-sixa". It will appear in the menu as "QtSixA (DEV)"
    I WARN YOU - see it but don't touch it... It's just to give you guys an idea of what I've been working on recently

And, due to the rewrite, we don't need the old bluez-sixa (hcid/hidd-six/libluetooth2) anymore. This will cause "Start old modules" to fail, which is on purpose.
    The new GUI will not have an option to start old modules. If Sixaxis doesn't automatically connects, use the force menu option

Thanks aatu_kanifani for the profile. I'll add it on the next update
    And the bug when creating a profile - it's caused by using a old PyQt version (which makes unreadable files). Maybe there's a PyQt repo for jaunty, I'll look for it
    Last edited by falkTX; September 25th, 2009 at 01:58 PM.

Beans

I found a repo update - it's the KDE backports
    It contains updates to the KDE apps and also PyQt 4.5.4

That will fix the creating profile bug and activate the double-click on the systray icon

The line for the repo is:
    Code:
    deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa/backports/ubuntu jaunty main

Page 21 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast