Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How to setup VPN to use the Ipredator.se service

Beans

Re: How to setup VPN to use the Ipredator.se service

Ok, now I got pptp to work partly in Karmic.

The main bug seems to lie in communication between the pptp app and the keyring. At least: By leaving password open, and not saving any passwords to tthe keyring it works just fine.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by aphelionos View Post
    Ok, now I got pptp to work partly in Karmic.

The main bug seems to lie in communication between the pptp app and the keyring. At least: By leaving password open, and not saving any passwords to tthe keyring it works just fine.
    Yeah I couldn't get it to work either when I checked connection available for all users.

1) don't save the password to the keyring permanently (for this session seems to work)

2) Don't check connection available for all users.

Then it seems to work. I haven't had any connection drops that people have been reporting. I have also been getting very close to my max speeds. Granted I have had moments when I very slow connections but the majority of the day seems to work fine. I haven't been able to get it to automatically connect at boot but I'm fine with that I boot very rarely.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Given how common VPN's must be, I'm somewhat surprised that the wiki doesn't have any recent detail on NM 0.7's VPN capability and how to set things up.

This was brilliant. Thanks.

For people struggling, the restart of the laptop seemed to be thing I was missing!

Beans

also if you try to connect but nothing happen you need to reboot

also to get this working on linux dont use on your password characters like ñ ç ș ț ă î â this only work on windows
    Last edited by outlaw45k; May 3rd, 2010 at 03:44 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hi all

So I finally decided to subscribe Ipredator VPN... But I had lot of troubles to make it work on Ubuntu 10.04 64 ^^
    I had first to not store the password in the keyring (seems to be a common problem here) before it actually tries to connect...
    Then I had a connection timed out message...
    I finally get rid of this last one by putting the IP address 93.182.181.2 instead of vpn.ipredator.se ...
    It's doesn't seems to be a problem from the DNS I'm using (ping vpn.ipredator.se or telnet are working fine on it... ) so it may be a problem with the network manager or just with the pptp layer...

I hope it will help somebody else to connect

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Doki View Post
    Hi all

So I finally decided to subscribe Ipredator VPN... But I had lot of troubles to make it work on Ubuntu 10.04 64 ^^
    I had first to not store the password in the keyring (seems to be a common problem here) before it actually tries to connect...
    Then I had a connection timed out message...
    I finally get rid of this last one by putting the IP address 93.182.181.2 instead of vpn.ipredator.se ...
    It's doesn't seems to be a problem from the DNS I'm using (ping vpn.ipredator.se or telnet are working fine on it... ) so it may be a problem with the network manager or just with the pptp layer...

I hope it will help somebody else to connect
    Wow I think that I'm in the same boat as you. Did you ever connect? I'm pinging vpn.ipredator.se but I'm not getting a connection with the VPN. Did you end up finding a solution? Please post if so... Mine stopped working today and I can't figure out the issue. It seems like there might be a keyring issue because sometimes the password isn't listed when I check the settings.

Thanks!
    Dell Inspiron 6000| 1.86 GHz| 2 gigs RAM| 60 gig HDD| 128mb ATI x300

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Acoustyk View Post
    Wow I think that I'm in the same boat as you. Did you ever connect? I'm pinging vpn.ipredator.se but I'm not getting a connection with the VPN. Did you end up finding a solution? Please post if so... Mine stopped working today and I can't figure out the issue. It seems like there might be a keyring issue because sometimes the password isn't listed when I check the settings.

Thanks!
    I've since got it working on my netbook via wifi but not on my main computer via ethernet. Still don't know what is wrong...

Beans

Bump

Beans

hi guys,
    in 9.10 i got ipredator working but since the update to 10.04 it doesn't work anymore. i tried to put the ip-address in as mentioned above and i got the same 'failed' message as before ... is here anybody who got it working?
    cheers jo

Beans

Bump. 10.04 NBE isn't giving me problems but lucid is... Any ideas?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast