Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Penumbra Collection - Worth It?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Penumbra Collection - Worth It?

Hey Guys,

Frictional Games has their Penumbra Collection for Linux on sale for €15/$20.

Has anyone played it? What do you think?

I tried the demo, but it's very short and doesn't give you a good feel for the actual game.

Thanks!
    Native Linux Gamer
    Penumbra | Quake IV | Doom 3 | Quake Wars | Regnum Online | Savage 2 | Warsow | Prey
    Ubuntu Game Night

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: Penumbra Collection - Worth It?

It's a GREAT game, it's worth it!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Have bought and played Penumbra Black Plague. Very good, ran very well and thoroughly scary and unsettling, highly recommend. Good storyline too.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

It's definitely worth it. I have those games. It's incredibly impressive and hard to believe that only a few guys made those games, because I think they hold up to pretty much any big-name game.
    My main system: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3.1Ghz, Nvidia 8800GT, 4GB RAM, Debian Lenny/Windows 7 dual-boot. My laptop (Compaq C700): Intel Celeron 1.7Ghz, Intel X3100, 1GB RAM, Ubuntu Lucid.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

I have it and I highly recommend.

Beans

All of them are awesome ^^

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Well I ponied up and got them...freaking scary stuff lol.
    Native Linux Gamer
    Penumbra | Quake IV | Doom 3 | Quake Wars | Regnum Online | Savage 2 | Warsow | Prey
    Ubuntu Game Night

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Sealbhach View Post
    Have bought and played Penumbra Black Plague. Very good, ran very well and thoroughly scary and unsettling, highly recommend. Good storyline too.

I played the demo and was impressed with the graphics and engine... But for some reason after a few minutes of play it was over and I felt... uninterested.

I enjoyed BioShock a lot (this felt like that kind of genre of game) however for some reason this failed to grab me.

I'd still recommend it based on the graphics and engine. The storyline was interesting. Maybe if the demo went on a little longer so you can actually get into combat with the dog. I think that might have grabbed my interest a little more.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by u235sentinel View Post
    I'd still recommend it based on the graphics and engine. The storyline was interesting. Maybe if the demo went on a little longer so you can actually get into combat with the dog. I think that might have grabbed my interest a little more.
    I actually thought the graphics were the least impressive part of the game lol. To be fair, they had an incredibly small budget and only a few guys made Penumbra so given the givens it's remarkable that the game looks (and plays) as good as it does. And the visuals DO get the job done, even if they are technically unimpressive.
    My main system: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3.1Ghz, Nvidia 8800GT, 4GB RAM, Debian Lenny/Windows 7 dual-boot. My laptop (Compaq C700): Intel Celeron 1.7Ghz, Intel X3100, 1GB RAM, Ubuntu Lucid.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by kspncr View Post
    I actually thought the graphics were the least impressive part of the game lol. To be fair, they had an incredibly small budget and only a few guys made Penumbra so given the givens it's remarkable that the game looks (and plays) as good as it does. And the visuals DO get the job done, even if they are technically unimpressive.
    For a native linux game, that runs so well, the graphics are great!
    Native Linux Gamer
    Ubuntu Game Night

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast