Thread: what should I do with my "new" compaq lte lite

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

what should I do with my "new" compaq lte lite

I just bought a really really old compaq lte lite 4/25c at a flee marked for 15$, but it did not come with a power cable, where in earth can I find one of these with 3 pins? I was thinking of just making one, as I actually have an adapter that would work. Does anyone know what is +, - and ground?

I have been hunting on google for ages, but i just can't find anything. (I will definitely install linux on it the computer if it can work).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jakupl; June 16th, 2009 at 12:21 AM.
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick | ASUS A6Rp | Intel(R) Celeron(R) M CPU 420 @ 1.60GHz | 4 GB ram |
    Graphic Card: ATI Technologies inc RC410 [Radeon Xpress 200M]

Beans

Re: what should I do with my "new" compaq lte lite

+,- and ground? o.0 aint that what the cables are suppose to be ? positive, negative and the ground? Maybe Radio Shack or someone else can get you that kind of pin.

On a serious note, I toyed with one of those or similar model (or older I dont remember), the only thing I manage to run in it was either puppy linux or DSL linux, everything else was way to big. Had to search around for a network card that would be recognize by those distros, gave up when could not get them to recognize any wireless card. That was about a year ago, so you may be more lucky in that department.

Good luck with your new toy, if you get it running it will be fun to use it
    First they ignore you.Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you.Then you win.Gandhi
    Linux para las masas
    Resistance Is Futile. You Will Be Assimilated!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by scrooge_74 View Post
    +,- and ground? o.0 aint that what the cables are suppose to be ? positive, negative and the ground?
    No I was thinking if someone knows witch pin is what. Then I could solder it up myself - make my own power adapter.

On a serious note, I toyed with one of those or similar model (or older I dont remember), the only thing I manage to run in it was either puppy linux or DSL linux, everything else was way to big. Had to search around for a network card that would be recognize by those distros, gave up when could not get them to recognize any wireless card. That was about a year ago, so you may be more lucky in that department.

Good luck with your new toy, if you get it running it will be fun to use it
    Thanks I actually happen to really like puppy linux, so I'll give it a go. Concerning networking, anything is possible... given enough time. I'm not gonna stop until I can ssh from my compaq to my desktop
    Last edited by jakupl; June 17th, 2009 at 12:48 AM.
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick | ASUS A6Rp | Intel(R) Celeron(R) M CPU 420 @ 1.60GHz | 4 GB ram |

Beans

LOL, in my country I would proly take it to a chinesse electronic stores and hope they have an old set of pins out back in an old box, you probably need to head to an electronic shop to try find those old pins, maybe EBAY could be usefull.

With the network cards you need to look around for a model that is supported in linux from the kernel so you have less work configuring. Since it is going to be one of those PCMCIA type of cards. I loved working on that little thing, I friend of mine had a lot he bough cheap so I took like 3 or 4 and pieced together one that actually worked.
    First they ignore you.Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you.Then you win.Gandhi
    Linux para las masas
    Resistance Is Futile. You Will Be Assimilated!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hi jakupl.

They have a fansite. Maybe someone there can give you more help.

http://ltelite.cybtonic.com/introduction.htm

The maximum memory is limited to 20 MB.

You can get a replacement battery.

http://www.directron.com/ltelite25.html
    Last edited by hansdown; June 17th, 2009 at 01:00 AM.
    I learn something ubuntu everyday.
    dell precision T7500 1Tb hdd x 2
    2.67 Ghz intel xeon X5550 cpu
    nvidia quadro fx 4800-1.5 Gb video card

Beans
    Distro

LOL, in my country I would proly take it to a chinesse electronic stores and hope they have an old set of pins out back in an old box,
    Well... probably won't find it here in middle-earth
    They have a fansite. Maybe someone there can give you more help.
    Yeah, I will ask there, and run from electronic shop to electronic shop desperately... well, also my dad actually might have one handy thanks