Thread: Reset Gnome panel

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Reset Gnome panel

Hi.

I used to have a number of icons that would ordinarily show up on my Gnome Panel, at the top right of the screen.

One would automatically try to log in to my wireless network, and show an icon while doing so. It would then put up a dark translucent borderless window to tell me when it had logged in.

Another would show me a battery icon, only when I am running my laptop on batteries.

I decided to do some experimentation with the panel and now I've lost both icons. How do I get them back?

I found right click -> Add to Panel -> Battery Charge Monitor, but that insists on showing me a power cord when I'm plugged in to AC power. I don't want it to appear when I'm running on AC.

And how do I get back my connecting-to-wireless icon?

Richard

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Reset Gnome panel

Right-click the panel, click add to panel, then add 'Notification Area'

I think thats what you're after
    Acer Aspire 5610z, 1.6Ghz Core2Duo, 1GB RAM

If Bill Gates had a coin for every time a Windows box crashed...oh, wait a minute - he already does.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

For the network one - Add the Networkmanager applet. For the power, if you right-click the icon and choose preferences, I believe you can tell it to only display if you are on battery.
    Intel E8400 - 4gb Corsair DDR2-6400 - 4.5tb combined diskspace - Nvidia 9600T 1024mb - Samsung 22" WS & Eizo 19" (Twinview 2960x1050)
    The Shrooms | The Laughing Wolf | Amarok 1.4 in Jaunty | Still praying for MediaMonkey Linux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Thanks Murray,

You got it. I'm a much happier Ubuntu n00b now.

Richard