Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: How many are solely Linux Gamers?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: How many are solely Linux Gamers?

Quote Originally Posted by Bios Element View Post
    Yes, You took it off topic by insulting people for no reason. >.> And then complain when people defend themselves.
    I was just merely stating that it's not healthy to not be able to go without something, like a game, for one day.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone, and I shouldn't jump to conclusions as I don't know you personal situations. God only knows I've had my "addictive" phases with Guild Wars and Counter-Strike .

Sorry again!
    Native Linux Gamer
    Penumbra | Quake IV | Doom 3 | Quake Wars | Regnum Online | Savage 2 | Warsow | Prey
    Ubuntu Game Night

Beans

Everyone has something they are addicted to in some way.

Personally it's music for me.

It's human nature. Imagination and escape are good things.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I wouldn't say I'm addicted to anything, but I have a balance between alot of things.

My closest thing to an addiction, hell, it might even be an addiction, is the internet, but I guess thats only because my job requires me to be at a computer 9.5 hours a day.
    Native Linux Gamer
    Penumbra | Quake IV | Doom 3 | Quake Wars | Regnum Online | Savage 2 | Warsow | Prey
    Ubuntu Game Night

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I'm a new Linux convert. That's not quite true, used UNIX for many many years in my job and had Gentoo installed in a spare partition that I used to regularly play around with.

But sad as it might be, I love my online games. For a while it was EQ2, then I gave WOW a go etc. Now i cant do without my fix of LOTRO.

Last week I decided to see how much Linux has improved, gave Ubuntu a go, found a lot of help on the Ubuntu wine forum to get LOTRO working and am so happy with the result that I repartitioned and now have Ubuntu as my main op on my large HD and installed windows on my old small HD just in case I need it for anything.

There's a lot of windows games that I wouldn't be without, Oblivion, Fallout 3, steam games etc. Hopefully I'll end up with them all working under wine, but I cant see a time soon that I will ditch windows altogether until Linux becomes so popular that when a new decent game is released, it's released on Linux at the same time as WIndows, until that point, I will have to keep my Windows partition.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456