Re: How to assing .m3u link in Firefox to open in Audacious?
Originally Posted by orbital
I looked into this, and there doesn't seem to be an easy answer. I do think the following will work though.
1. Open your favorite terminal and cd into your Firefox configuration directory:
2. Open the MimeType config file:
3. Press Ctrl+F and search for:
4. Insert a new line just above that line and type:
5. Save the file and restart firefox.
This should cause Firefox to open m3u files with whatever program you have specified for mp3 files under the Applications tab of the Preferences dialog.
Hope that helps. Let me know if you need any more help!
"A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. So is a lot." - Albert Einstein
Laptop: Jaunty - Gateway- 1.73Ghz - 512MB - Radeon X700
Server: Jaunty - PIII - 650Mhz - 192Mb - ProSavage PM133 (Slow but Sexy)