Thread: Vuze/Azureus fails to update

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Vuze/Azureus fails to update

So I installed Vuze from the repositories but I kept getting this update notification popping up. I kept trying to update and it wouldn't do it. It would say that it updated but the update kept popping up saying it still needed to be done.

So I got rid of it with the purge command and then did an autoremove to make sure it was gone and I downloaded Vuze directly off their site as a .deb package.

Now when I try to update it says it failed. I tried the method found here http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Failed_Update but I'm still getting no love and I really like Azureus and I want to download and check out the new Fedora 11 with a torrent.

Any ideas on what to do?
    True freedom requires sacrifice and pain. Most human beings only think they want freedom. In truth they yearn for the bondage of social order, rigid laws, materialism, the only freedom man really wants, is the freedom to become comfortable.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Vuze/Azureus fails to update

I figured it out!

What was going on is that Vuze created a
    usr/share/vuze directory in root where the updates would go.

Then it could not update because as a user you do not have permission!

So what I did was
    Code:
    gksu nautilus
    and I modified the permissions to allow Vuze to do its thing. It updated and installed everything correctly and now it is working great and it looks even better than before.
    True freedom requires sacrifice and pain. Most human beings only think they want freedom. In truth they yearn for the bondage of social order, rigid laws, materialism, the only freedom man really wants, is the freedom to become comfortable.