Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wubi 9.04 problem "Windows - No Disk"

Beans

Wubi 9.04 problem "Windows - No Disk"

When i hit "run" on the wubi.exe, i get an error window saying
    "Windows - No Disk
    Exception Processing Message 0xc0000013 Parameters..." It won't go away until i restart the computer forcibly. I've tried this a couple times, as well as redownloading the installer application. Any help would be great.

Re: Wubi 9.04 problem "Windows - No Disk"

Hi and welcome the forums,

Is that the complete windows error message? Only reason I ask is that there is usually a code after parameters.

For example:

Code:
    Windows - no disk Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf9c 4 75b6bf9c
    -Ash R

Beans

I have exactly the same error message. I've installed Wubi a few times .. on different machines -- no problems. But this is the first time I've seen it.

Specs: Dell Vostro 220, WinXP SP3, all updates, fresh install, E7400, 3GB RAM, Intel GMA, DEP off. Filesystem: FAT32.

Trying to install Wubi v9.04. ubuntu-9.04-desktop-amd64.iso located in same directory.

Exact error message:

Windows - No Disk

Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf7c 4 75b6bf7c 75b6f7c

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by ginsumaster View Post
    I have exactly the same error message. I've installed Wubi a few times .. on different machines -- no problems. But this is the first time I've seen it.

Specs: Dell Vostro 220, WinXP SP3, all updates, fresh install, E7400, 3GB RAM, Intel GMA, DEP off. Filesystem: FAT32.

Trying to install Wubi v9.04. ubuntu-9.04-desktop-amd64.iso located in same directory.

Exact error message:

Windows - No Disk

Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf7c 4 75b6bf7c 75b6f7c
    Maybe because your filesystem is FAT32? You should be using NTFS.

Beans

Hi,

I had the same problem with WinXP Pro, 4GB, 3 HDD, trying to install Ubuntu 9.04 via Wubi.

I traced it down to my USB SD/MMC/CF multi-card reader. Since all the card slots were empty but still had drive letters assigned by Windows, they apparently came up in WUBI as "No Disk" and threw the exception.

I got past the exception message by using "Safely Remove Hardware" from the systray to effectively eject the empty drives. Since the drive letters no longer show up in Windows, Wubi does not get confused by them.

Hope this helps!
    ---DanQ

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by danq989 View Post
    Hi,

I had the same problem with WinXP Pro, 4GB, 3 HDD, trying to install Ubuntu 9.04 via Wubi.

I traced it down to my USB SD/MMC/CF multi-card reader. Since all the card slots were empty but still had drive letters assigned by Windows, they apparently came up in WUBI as "No Disk" and threw the exception.

I got past the exception message by using "Safely Remove Hardware" from the systray to effectively eject the empty drives. Since the drive letters no longer show up in Windows, Wubi does not get confused by them.

Hope this helps!
    ---DanQ
    Hi thanks for the tip. "Safely Remove Hardware" certainly let me cancel the error message and move on. But this error occurred for me when installing Ubuntu 9.04 within WinXP. Perhaps coincidentally, Ubuntu froze during it's first normal boot process, after an apparently successful installation of and checking of files on first run.

I took this further problem to be associated with the "No Disk" error during installation, so I set out to uninstall Ubuntu and received the same error again.
    Using "Safely Remove Hardware" on the card reader entries cleared the error message once again and allowed me to uninstall Ubuntu.

What do I have to do now to install Ubuntu 9.04 within WinXP?
    is it possible to disable the card reader for the duration of Ubuntu use?
    Do I have to remove the card reader hardware from the PC?
    --
    Regards,
    Mycle

Beans

I also had this error when trying to install Wubi. I was able to go into control panel, system, and device manage and disable my card readers. The install went smoothly after this.

After the install was complete I went back and enabled them and there was no further problems running Ubuntu.

Disabling the card readers was much easier than removing the hardware and reinstalling it.

Beans

Thank you. It works!

Beans

Talking Re: Wubi 9.04 problem "Windows - No Disk"

Quote Originally Posted by danq989 View Post
    Hi,

Hope this helps!
    ---DanQ
    Thanks, you the best! Made an account only to say thanks, lol. Sad I know but the stupid error was really bugging me, thanks for solution. BTW thanks for the tip!

Beans

Just chiming in. I had the same problem, and because of this thread, I ejected my ipod and unplugged my Android phone and then Wubi started just fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast