Thread: Can see my Windows 7 files on my Ubuntu machine, but ...

Beans

Can see my Windows 7 files on my Ubuntu machine, but ...

I can see my Windows7 files and transfer them to 9.10. However, I can't see my Printers on my 9.10 machine from my Windows7 machine.

Any help?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Can see my Windows 7 files on my Ubuntu machine, but ...

Quote Originally Posted by chunnel View Post
    I can see my Windows7 files and transfer them to 9.10. However, I can't see my Printers on my 9.10 machine from my Windows7 machine.

Any help?
    So what is it your trying to do, you have installed the program for reading Ubuntu from Windows it sounds like.

Beans

I installed some things that looked important, such as Samba. But all I did was to setup my Windows Machine properly and after several tries, double clicked on Network in Ubuntu, then my laptop PC, then it prompted me for a password and I was in. At first, I couldn't transfer files, but now I can. So it is working wonderfully, and I really don't know what I did.

However, I would like to be able to print from my Windows 7 laptop to the printers on the Ubuntu machine. I could do that easily from Windows7 To Windows7 in a Homegroup, but the printers don't appear online now that the Ubuntu is running. However, I can print just fine those very printers from any program in the ubuntu machine.

P.S. I can see my Windows7 computer on Ubuntu, but can't see the Ubuntu computer on the Windows7 device. So I guess the problem isn't just the printer
    Last edited by chunnel; November 21st, 2009 at 08:25 AM.

Beans

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?