Thread: Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN mini-card.

Beans

Angry Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN mini-card.

Hi, new to the site today. Bit frustrated, my sister got a new laptop, the one Im using to post this, and connected straight away to my home wireless, and can also view surrounding connections, (neighbours) etc.

I cant. Its a problem with my mini-card it says "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device."

I called technical support for Dell and because my warranty has expired they want £29 to pay for this solution.

If anyone can help I would very much appreciate it.

I am using a Dell Inspiron 1520. Windows Vista, trying to connect to home wireless and nothing out of the ordinary has happened for this to happen.

Thanks.

Beans

Re: Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN mini-card.

can anyone help?? x

Beans

Dell has almost all of their drivers available for download on their site. The file should be called something like Rxxxxxx.exe (x's are numbers). The site is a bit difficult to get around in, but just click on anything that says drivers. Also, the search box will help.

This also is helpful if anyone needs drivers for dell laptops on linux since the .inf files that the executables spit out when ran can be used by ndiswrapper. (I don't think this is an issue for ubuntu though...)

Beans

I cant get onto the internet though on my laptop?