Okay so I got a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li1718 laptop, only problem is that the wireless wouldn't work since ubuntu doesn't seem to support the button which you must press to activate the wireless card but i found this old thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=644899
However it doesn't work exactly like that in 9.04 since stuff have changed but I got it to work with these steps
1. Paste this into the terminal
2. Get acerhk files
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install build-essential
3. Extract and Patch
tar xfvz acerhk-0.5.35.tgz
patch -p0 < acerhk.Makefile.patch
5. Create a file containing instructions which the system will carry out when the acerhk module is loaded - see comments in the file:
sudo make install
and paste the following into the file, save and exit
sudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/amilo_special_keys.modprobe
6. Remove the original acerhk module
# set up kernel module acerhk to enable Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li1718 special keys
# and enable wireless when the module is inserted.
# NOTE: to have the wireless hardware disabled until you press the wireless key on the laptop,
# simply replace "echo 1" with "echo 0" in the command below.
install acerhk /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install acerhk force_series=6805 autowlan=1; echo 1 > /proc/driver/acerhk/wirelessled
7. Rebuild the module dependencies database
sudo rm /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/ubuntu/misc/acerhk.ko
8. Tell the system to load the acerhk module at boot time - it won't otherwise, as it's not actually an Acer laptop!
add on a new line at the end of this file, then save and exit:
sudo gedit /etc/modules
9. restart your machine and you should have a working wifi card.