Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Palm Prē, Tomorrow Morning at Sprint...

Beans

Re: Palm Prē, Tomorrow Morning at Sprint...

I have to say that I agree with the other reviewers on this one. I have been with sprint for years and was considering switching to T-Mobile because of the G1...then I actually tried the phone out. I didn't like the shape, feel, etc. I checked out the Pre on Saturday morning and have to say that I loved it. The keyboard is a little small for my fat little fingers, but its def. usable. I will say that I'm a little irked that the SDK isn't freely available right now. Though I like WebOS, I will be putting Android on this puppy when a good port comes out.

Beans

Re: Palm Prē, Tomorrow Morning at Sprint...

I am a historical palm fan; I have a TX which I love (although I do not love palm's complete abandonment of the platform as far as updates and bug fixes are concerned) and I use a treo 700p, which is the only smartphone I have enjoyed using. That being said, I went into the the sprint store a while ago to check out the pre, and actually left angry. While there are some good ideas there, I found the interface to have all the flashiness that I hate about iphones, but without the intuitiveness that I have to give them credit for (I used an ipod touch for a while). It seems like they were chasing the iphone, (as is everyone these days) and didn't do a particularly good job. Palm is never going to beat the apple at the game it invented, and they're ignoring a sizable chunk of people who not only DON'T want another iphone, but are also loyal to what Palms brand used to be. bad long term business, if you ask me.

I don't know why I care so much, but obviously I do. People are funny, aren't we?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12