Thread: New webmaster & computer geek forum

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

New webmaster & computer geek forum

Geeks-N-Gurus.com Webmaster & Computer Forums

A new web design forum site has opened up. Come check us out!

Things we offer:

1. Free Membership
    2. A personal portfolio thread you can put your updates into.
    3. A place to post your free skins. styles & templates for any design or web script such as vbulletin, SMF, Joomla, IPB, Wordpress, MKPortal, etc.
    4. A place you can post your free mods, hacks & scripts for those same scripts or ones you have coded yourself.
    5. A place to submit your own web design related articles
    6. A Marketplace you can post your web design classifieds looking to hire, or hire ads.
    7. A place to chat with other geeks & gurus.

This site is a friendly webmaster site designed to help designers & clients find each other in a safe environment.

http://www.geeksngurus.com
    Last edited by metalguy639; June 30th, 2009 at 05:28 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: New webmaster & computer geek forum

The administrators want you to view a thread before you continue to browse the forum.

You can view the thread here.
    Not user friendly.

Beans
    Distro

Why do you say that? Its just a thread about what the site has. Not like its gonna hurt anything.

EDIT: I deleted the read a thread part.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by metalguy639 View Post
    Why do you say that? Its just a thread about what the site has. Not like its gonna hurt anything.

EDIT: I deleted the read a thread part.

The people enter your website and the first thing you do is give them rules: "Read this", with a link to a threat with 2 pages of text. *sarcasm*Yea sure, everybody is going to read that*/sarcasm*

After your edit you came a little closer, but what if I only want to read some stuff. Do I always want to be reminded about the benefits, every time I enter a page on your website? NO!

Edit: Please don't be offended by my advice, when it comes to website, I'm just that. To much to often I visit website where I thing "WTF, do that hate there visitors?"

Moved to Community Market.
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine

Beans
    Hidden!

Good god, you have too many forums.

You don't need a forum for every single coding language under the sun. Keep it all in ONE forum, until it gets popular enough, then fork it out by creating a new forum.

The more empty sub-forums you have, the more your community seems dead. Just letting you know.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

+1

a dozen forums on the index page, with about half-a dozen subforums apeice - and theirs only about 20 threads in the whole forum.
    |>[HowTo] Bump The BUMP Thread<||>Stats<||>19k<||>23k<||>26k<||>34k<||>37k<||>38k<||>39k<||>40k<|

Quote Originally Posted by lukjad007
    Backups are usually a good thing unless it's a sewer.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by mr.propre View Post
    The people enter your website and the first thing you do is give them rules: "Read this", with a link to a threat with 2 pages of text. *sarcasm*Yea sure, everybody is going to read that*/sarcasm*

After your edit you came a little closer, but what if I only want to read some stuff. Do I always want to be reminded about the benefits, every time I enter a page on your website? NO!

Edit: Please don't be offended by my advice, when it comes to website, I'm just that. To much to often I visit website where I thing "WTF, do that hate there visitors?"
    I've changed quite a bit of this now on the first page I have some info even for those who are not logged in to the site. There is still some info on what the site offers etc, but its only in one place now. Before I had put it as a notice and vbulletin lost its mind putting it everywhere when I only specified for certain areas...go figure no idea as to why. And indeed logging in as a guest it annoyed me! LOL So thank you for brigning it to my attention and now its fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kareeser View Post
    Good god, you have too many forums.

You don't need a forum for every single coding language under the sun. Keep it all in ONE forum, until it gets popular enough, then fork it out by creating a new forum.

The more empty sub-forums you have, the more your community seems dead. Just letting you know.
    Took your advice seriously and cut WAYYYY down on the forums that I had on there. I decided to make the site for webmasters, developers, designs, & graphics designers since this is mainly what I deal in. The subforums I have now are a bit more under control on the site. The ones I have up there are staying as they are the most important parts of the areas they are in. But you are right I had tons of forums areas everywhere and no one knew where to start.

Quote Originally Posted by jenkinbr View Post
    +1

a dozen forums on the index page, with about half-a dozen subforums apeice - and theirs only about 20 threads in the whole forum.
    The site has only been officially opened for a few days now, so you cannot expect that there will be more than a few posts on there. The posts & threads will come. I decided to implement a contest for the grand opening of the site.

I've worked very hard on the site and have hand coded quite a bit of stuff in it. I have a couple of things to do but its live now and people can join if they like. If not then thanks for looking