Thread: Ferrari 4005 WLMi black screen on boot

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Ferrari 4005 WLMi black screen on boot

Hi!

I installed Jaunty on a Ferrari 4005 WLMi. It was a fresh install because earlier it had been dual-booting with XP so I decided to do a fresh install.

The problem is that about 1/3 of the time, the xserver startup hangs (during boot) and the screen becomes black. The only thing to do is to restart the computer, and after a few restarts it may start working.

The problem is also mentioned (here), but I havent found a fix. I use the open source ati driver.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by abbec; October 6th, 2009 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Added configuration file.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Ferrari 4005 WLMi black screen on boot

BUMP! this is really irritating... someone else has got to have the same problem...

Beans
    Distro

Anyone???

Beans
    Distro

Bump!

Beans
    Distro

c'mon someone else has got to have the same problem?????

Beans

Yeah I had a similar problem, but it never workes - even not after a few attempts of reboot (and what should a reboot change??). So I reinstalled an older Ubuntu version.

It has something to do with the new handling of the connectors (LVDS, CDRT, DVI), that is done with randr now instead of setting it at xorg.conf. I don't know how to teach randr the correct setting and I'm waiting for a solution, too.

Greetings,
    moewe2

Beans
    Distro

Finally someone replies . I'm used to fast replies on this forum but since noone replies maybe there is no solution right now? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong...

Beans
    Distro

BUMP! I have uploaded last part of Xorg.0.log in my original post! Please help with this...

Beans

Hi - I had the same problem with 9.04. I fixed by installing 9.10 64-bit. All is good now. I believe 9.10 is running a newer version of X.org. Plus using the 64-bit version gives a noticable performance hike (especially when using the lastest Adobe Flash 64-bit).

I have had the old wobbly screen once (quickly fixed by selecting System->Preference->Display->select rotation upside down, and then restore the display.

Install 9.10 64-bit - you'll love it.