Thread: Sound DG45ID HDMI Jaunty 9.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Red face Sound DG45ID HDMI Jaunty 9.04

Hi Guys,

I have some problem with the sound on HDMI channel on my DG45ID board.

I have set all outputs in settings/sound to the HDMI output and when i press "Test" i get a signal on my TV but when i play a media file i still get only sound in head phones.

Have i missed some setting or is this same problem everyone else seems to have with HDMI sound?

Im running Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04 with alsa 1.0.20 drivers.

Beans

Re: Sound DG45ID HDMI Jaunty 9.04

Sound through HDMI definitely works on a DG45ID after a fresh install of Mythbuntu 9.04 and upgrading ALSA to v 1.0.20. (FINALLY!!)

This is how I did it:

1) Install of mythbuntu 9.04
    2) Upgrade ALSA to 1.0.20 using Soundcheck's excellent upgrade script
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=6589810
    3) Verify and test device with the command aplay -l
    The HDMI device should be hw:0,3
    4) Configure mythtv settings for audio playback: Utilities/Setup>Setup>General>Audio[/INDENT]
    • Audio output device>ALSA:plughw:0,3
    • Configure passthrough settings as needed
    • IMPORTANT: turn off (uncheck) Aggressive Sound card Buffering
    • Mixer>ALSA:default
    • Mixer controls>PCM

5) configure additional media player commands if other media players are used within mythTV to playback audio or video {e.g. xine, mplayer, etc.}
    • For Xine, you need to add the output device [plughw:0,3] directly in the player preferences/settings.
    • If you use mplayer, then the playback command in needs an option added (can't recall now since I use xine for most playback, a search will yield the correct option...maybe -ao plughw:0.3)

6) the last step is to TURN AUTOUPDATE OFF!!!! Basically one update and it borked my sound back to the stone age.

I hope this give some hope to DG45ID owners out there. I know I have been waiting for audio to work for quite sometime and basically wrote this board off a while ago.