Thread: Remove ubuntu install Windows

Beans

Talking Remove ubuntu install Windows

but i WANT to remove ubuntu... please tell me the easiest and fastest way to do so. i have a windows xp cd with me... and i have the free ubuntu cd that i had ordered. please tell me the whole process: what all needs to be done.. this is URGENT

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: How to remove Linux and install Windows XP

Quote Originally Posted by zalenix View Post
    but i WANT to remove ubuntu... please tell me the easiest and fastest way to do so. i have a windows xp cd with me... and i have the free ubuntu cd that i had ordered. please tell me the whole process: what all needs to be done.. this is URGENT
    Just put your Windows XP disc in your computer, format your hard drive with the wizard that automatically starts and install it..?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Remove ubuntu install Windows

Quote Originally Posted by zalenix View Post
    I have moved your post and the response to its own thread.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Remove ubuntu install Windows

Is it a dual boot windows and ubuntu? I think you can just boot into the recovery console from the windows cd, run fixmbr and fixboot.. should get rid of grub and once you are happily booting into windows just delete the ubuntu partition using disk management. But you may want to double check this before running, I haven't done this in years...