Thread: Mapping unavailable keys to something else?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Mapping unavailable keys to something else?

Hey everyone, I just got a new netbook (dell mini 9), and put Ubuntu Netbook Remix on it and loving it

But it is missing the media keys like from my desktop keyboard (as expected), but I would like to map these keys to something else. Mainly Previous, Play/Pause, and Next. Since I use these keys with banshee and is rather inconvenient to right click on the tray icon and click next or what ever.

Probably would want those keys mapped to Super Key+Right, Super Key+Down, and Super Key+Left. And was wondering if anyone knew how to do this.

Thanks for any help.
    Desktop | Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHz | 320GB + 640GB HDD | 4GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
    Dell Mini 9 | Intel Atom N270 @ 1.6GHz | 16GB SSD + 16GB SD Card | 2GB RAM | 1.3MP Cam + Bluetooth | Intel GMA 950

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Mapping unavailable keys to something else?

Anyone?

EDIT: Figured out how to do what I wanted. Apparently you can do it through Administration --> Keyboard Shortcuts.
    Last edited by thegreenblob; June 6th, 2009 at 11:09 AM.
    Desktop | Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHz | 320GB + 640GB HDD | 4GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
    Dell Mini 9 | Intel Atom N270 @ 1.6GHz | 16GB SSD + 16GB SD Card | 2GB RAM | 1.3MP Cam + Bluetooth | Intel GMA 950