freebsd
    minix 3
    opensolaris

just some of the ones i have installed on my computer

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: name a few unix-like os's youve tryed

i use open solaris as office on my new computer.i also had solaris 10 installed for some time. i have a minix installation on one of my oldest computers and i have tried freeBSD ,pcBSD and desktopBSD.

other than that i have not tried any unix or unix-likes.. i read a lot about unix since i got some books about unix from a library sale so i have no linux books.
    please buy this online only compilation to support victims of japan. http://www.punk4japan.com/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Not sure if these count, but since linux is a cousin to Unix, I have tried in the past, but not used all the time:

Puppy
    Knoppix
    Debian
    Slackware

'Till I finally settled down on Ubuntu
    Registered Ubuntu user #25321

Beans

Haiku
    NetBSD
    FreeBSD
    Debian
    Solaris
    Open Solaris
    Ubuntu
    OS X
    RHEL

Beans

free/net/openbsd
    hp-ux (daily)
    aix
    tenix
    linux
    RiscOS

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by baseface View Post
    free/net/openbsd
    hp-ux (daily)
    aix
    tenix
    linux
    RiscOS
    can you get those for free somewhere or are they all commercial systems -> hp-ux aix tenix ?

it reminds me i have also tried old UNIX archive with a system V ported for the intel processors but only for a short while as a live cd so i dont think it counts. and once i was very close to buying a mac and the woman who was trying to sell me it let me try play wiht it for 5 minuttes so that does not count eihter.

i have only tried installing and actually using minix bsd and open solaris and solaris 10.
    if linux counts i have tried many many different linux systems other than the source based distrubutions i think i know most of them if not by experieence then by name.
    please buy this online only compilation to support victims of japan. http://www.punk4japan.com/

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Some OS running on Sun workstations at University in the 90s, I assume that was Solaris, either way, that is where my affair with *nix started and is also the only other *nix flavor I have tried aside from Linux .
    The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Beans

Well many types of linux
    Mac OSX
    Free BSD
    For high-res minimalist and abstract wallpapers check out my Deviantart profile - http://hyperdude111.deviantart.com/

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cmay View Post
    can you get those for free somewhere or are they all commercial systems -> hp-ux aix tenix ?

it reminds me i have also tried old UNIX archive with a system V ported for the intel processors but only for a short while as a live cd so i dont think it counts. and once i was very close to buying a mac and the woman who was trying to sell me it let me try play wiht it for 5 minuttes so that does not count eihter.

i have only tried installing and actually using minix bsd and open solaris and solaris 10.
    if linux counts i have tried many many different linux systems other than the source based distrubutions i think i know most of them if not by experieence then by name.
    hp-ux is HP's unix. version 11i v3 is the latest and its very expensive but rightfully so. v2 is a lot cheaper.

aix is ibm's unix and is also expensive.

tenix was only available thru UCS (universal computer systems) and im not sure if you can even still license it... and if you can, well... i hope your soul is worth a lot because youre going to have to sell it in order to afford it.

i have a guy who has refurbished hp workstations with your choice of hp-ux 10 and 11i-11i v3 available. the v3 workstations are really expensive. id recommend going with v2. if you want when i get home i can get his number for you.

Beans

mmm,

net, free, pc - BSD
    OpenSolaris
    OSX
    way too many flavors of Linux

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast