Thread: Sansa Fuze Recoginized but still won't play files

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Sansa Fuze Recoginized but still won't play files

Just received a 4GB Sandisk Sansa Fuze for my birthday. I am able to mount it in Ubuntu 8.10 just fine. I even was able to transfer files to it through Rythmbox and Nautilus.

However, when I unmount the drive and check to see if the songs show up on the player, there is nothing there.

I have installed the new firmware which supposedly supports OGG format files. Also, I have changed the USB setting to MSC and back to "Auto Detect" several times. Rythmbox sees it only when in Auto Detect mode.

Does anyone else have this issue? Any successes?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Sansa Fuze Recoginized but still won't play files

I have a friend who has this problem. He came to my house to get some of my songs on it, but I couldn't get it to work. Nautilus would not show any files on the player at all (yes, i tried "show hidden files"), although it showed the player just fine. Luckily for him though (only in this case), he is running Windows.
    $(fortune)
    In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Thanks for the reply. I should clarify, I can see the files on the Sansa using Nautilus, or Rhythmbox. I can even transfer files to it. The problem is when I when I disconnect the Fuze and check to see the new songs. Nothing there.

Beans

I just read your posting. I am having the same problem. I can transfer files just fine to my sansa fuze using nautilus and they show up. However, when I disconnect the songs are not on the fuze. MSC and MTP don't seem to have an impact either. If you find an answer let me know. I'll keep looking

Beans

When you copied the music files through Nautilus, did you copy them to the MUSIC folder? Also, do they have proper ID3 tags? Lastly, what is the file extension of the audio files?

Beans

go to system settings on the player and choose Format. This will obviously erase everything. Then try again.

I had similar issue a couple months ago, I could see the songs on the player but when I hit play it would just skip to the next song. i.e. skip all songs on the album like I was hitting next track.