Thread: The ubuntu/linux store

Beans

The ubuntu/linux store

For some time I been thinking to open a mini shop/site to offer custom build pcs and offer linux into them. I'm still thinking but I think this will be soon (or hoping to)

Letting the user's to build their pc at low cost plus they get installed ubuntu in them.

Any thought/suggestion?
    A freelancer | The GIMP Compilation

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: The ubuntu/linux store

I like the idea.

Do your market research first and make sure you can do it without going broke--preferably making an appropriate profit.

Make sure you love the business before you commit to doing it full time.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by matthew
    I like the idea.

Do your market research first and make sure you can do it without going broke--preferably making an appropriate profit.

Make sure you love the business before you commit to doing it full time.
    Don't worry I'm not going broke ! I already have parts and other things and I will list them in the site and let the user choose.

Also this isn't the only thing i manage, since I have hosting services and other projects to take care of. But still give me time

Beans

Sounds like a neat idea mr. aku.

edit: i'd like to do the same thing... but I can't build pc's lol and have no money... so yeah.

Beans

Also.. I think.. since i want to give people choices.. the slogan would be "the freedom of choice" and let them custom build their pc

and here how i'm plannning to do it, i build the computer , after complete it I install the choosed distro. after that i package them and ship them.

how does that sound? (also we will include laptops)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by akurashy
    Also.. I think.. since i want to give people choices.. the slogan would be "the freedom of choice" and let them custom build their pc

and here how i'm plannning to do it, i build the computer , after complete it I install the choosed distro. after that i package them and ship them.

how does that sound? (also we will include laptops)
    Fabulous!
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Where are you located, where will you ship to, and will you also offer blank laptops(no OS, i prefer installing myself)? (and when can you start?)

Beans

I'm located in Puerto Rico, I will ship worldwide (also will depend on the weight of the computer or laptop you order)

I'm doing a inventory so I don't know when I'm going to start but I be announcing it here

sorry for the late answer

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

I been thing about building a Linux store myself. Have about 25 Linux distros on custom build PC's. Have them all tweak with all the eye candy and handy tools,apps and games. From easily friendly machines to the most advance power users.

Burn your Linux tweak machine into a ISO file. To go with the machine after sale.

Sale all compatible hardware that easily works with Linux.

Have only Work Shops to help the Linux users with there new machines. Have Tech Support with your machines. Don't have a repair shop at all. This will be the sale's point. No Linux machine don't need no repair shop. Just the user's need to understand Linux. Your Work Shops will be the learning tool for all your Linux buyers. If there is any hardware problems, have a advance Work Shop that can help any Linux user on this subject.

Sale books, Logo clothing, and marketing software.

Promote with USB Linux sticks, or with your custom Linux LiveCD.

With your shop having all the Linux machines working on good looking big monitors. Have top sales people with strong knowledge of Linux. Be prepare of question that a user would ask. And be able to answer the question with a strong answer. Were they won't be thinking that there not in a Microsoft Windows environment.

If you have the store looking sharp with operating Linux machines. Have them set up for special users. One for music, one for video, one for office, one for normal home users, one for gamers, one for media center and so on. After you fine out there needs. Then you got them to buy that machine there be dreaming about.

The Linux Store.