Thread: Lost mouse clicks with touchpad

Beans

Lost mouse clicks with touchpad

Hi all,

In the last week or so, the touchpad mouse click on my Medion Akoya MD97310 laptop has stopped functioning. This the one where you tap the pad itself, not the mouse button (which still works). The laptop is dual boot with Vista and it still works fine in Vista, so its not a hardware issue.

I've tried unchecking and checking "Enable mouse clicks with touchpad" in Mouse Prefence without luck.

This seems a minor issue, but I find it quite annoying as I tend touse it all the time.

I'm on Ubuntu 9.04 with all updates as of 29/5/09.

Any ideas appreciated,
    Phil

Beans

Re: Lost mouse clicks with touchpad

Mine stopped working a while ago. I'm not sure when because I usually use a mouse. So far, I've determined that it works when I try the 9.04 live CD.

Beans

Yep. Just checked mine. Same also. Works with ubuntu 9.04 live cd. So, must have been an update or an unintentional config change that wrecked it. Unfortunately, I have no idea where to start looking for this one.

Cheers,
    Phil

Beans
    Hidden!

it must be a driver issue, because in my case i just upgraded to 9.10 (karmic koala beta) from 9.04 and the same, the touchpad features are disabled.
    in my case even the scrolling features are gone.