Thread: two links in my third party software sources, are they supposed to be there?

Beans

two links in my third party software sources, are they supposed to be there?

these are in my third party software sources, and are unchecked....can i remove them?

one is
    archive.canocal/ubuntu jaunty(source code)
    the other is
    archive.canocal.com/ubuntu jaunty (partner)

can those be removed, or are they neccassary for something?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: two links in my third party software sources, are they supposed to be there?

I would tick them and keep them if I were you. These allow access to third party software:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Repositories/Ubuntu

The "Third-Party Software" tab is where you will be able to add the Canonical Partner Repositories. You will see two Canonical Partner repositories listed - one for applications and another for source code (src). The partner repositories offer access to proprietary and closed-source software and are not enabled by default.

Beans

Re: two links in my third party software sources, are they supposed to be there?

ah i see, thanks man
    but the reason i ask is beacause when i hit reload i get this error

W: GPG error: http://ppa.launchpad.net jaunty Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 5A9BF3BB4E5E17B5

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

OK, run this command in a terminal:

Code:
    sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com 5A9BF3BB4E5E17B5
    This will get you the key.

Beans

awesome man, thanks !
    but just kinda for reference...how did you get that?
    i mean if its not too much trouble, i like to learn what it is im doing not just copy paste and be done....