Hi, I'm using an Intel i845 integrated graphics adapter and eventually stumbled upon the fix provided here. I followed that fix, started with "Optimal" and then moved on to "Bleeding Edge". Those two fixes suggest installing the two latest kernels, the latest stable 2.6.29 kernel and 2.6.30rc kernel. I started off with the 2.6.29 kernel and still have it. Then I started with the 2.6.30rc3. From RC3 I upgraded incrementally to RC7.

My bug is, on the 2.6.29 and 2.6.30rc kernels, after running Jaunty for a couple of hours, I get corruption on-screen. On the 2.6.29, the 2.6.30rc3, rc4 and rc5, ASCII characters were garbled. The latter also caused some images to appear corrupted. On RC6 however, programs like, firefox and pidgin crashed including X Server. RC7 got me to the same bugs as the first 3. I'm currently using the default, 2.6.28 kernel, as the text corruption is quite interrupting. Not related to my problem, I noted that the progress bar in usplash scrolls steadily, in smooth transition, which, I took as my PC loading faster though it isn't so...(I use a custom usplash downloaded from www.gnome-look.org)

Has anyone else experienced one or more of these bugs? I noticed too that I had no problem with the RC5 kernel in an older PC with an ATI video adapter. What would really be the reason for this?