Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HP Laserjet 1020

Beans

Re: HP Laserjet 1020

Hi pous

Try turning the printer off and then on again, followed by the hp-testpage command. It appears to me that whenever you change a driver and/or settings then the printer needs to be restarted for compatible firmware to be updated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by wittich View Post
    Fine, now I have also a solution:

1. Remove all HP-Tools
    Code:
    sudo apt-get remove hp*
    2. Manual install of the new version (see http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-w,e...all/index.html)
    Code:
    wget http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/hplip/hplip-3.9.12.run
    sh hplip-3.9.12.run
    3. Restart and run the HP-Tool
    Code:
    hp-setup
    I chose the plugin file manually from http://www.linuxprinting.org/downloa....12-plugin.run

I hope it helps someone.
    bernie@sal:~$ sh hplip-3.9.12.run
    Creating directory hplip-3.9.12
    Verifying archive integrity... All good.
    Uncompressing HPLIP 3.9.12 Self Extracting Archivedf: `hplip-3.9.12': Permission denied
    df: no file systems processed
    test: 365: -lt: unexpected operator
    cd: 379: can't cd to hplip-3.9.12
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........cd: 379: can't cd to hplip-3.9.12
    chown: changing ownership of `./.gvfs': Function not implemented
    chown: changing ownership of `./nas/downloads/Ubuntu-8.10-desktop-i386.iso': Operation not permitted
    ^C

Just tried running this script when I saw these message. This script is definitely touching things it has no business touching. I would not run this. Better to just throw the POS HP away!
    __________________________________________________ ______________________
    DELL Precision 390 T6700 @2.6Ghz 8GB nVidia NV44 Quadro NVS 285
    HP Slimline s5150t Q9300@2.8GHz 8GB Nvidia G210
    Lenovo Ideapad y550p i720 1.6Ghz 8GB Nvidia GT240M

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by bhaverkamp View Post
    This script is definitely touching things it has no business touching. I would not run this. Better to just throw the POS HP away!
    It's trying to do what it's supposed to do. Your run failed at the first stage of simply extracting to a new directory created in the same place you ran it from, which would normally be somewhere in your home directory. From the look of it you seem to have run it from somewhere that didn't allow it to create a new directory.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Gareon View Post
    Thanks much. Been all over the place trying to find a way to get my HP Laser Jet 2430dtn working and this did it.
    Dell Dimension E521 & Ubuntu 9.10
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi,

sudo apt-get remove hp*
    I did the above, Ubuntu 10.04 warned me that I would do some serious damage, if I wish to proceed, I have to confirm by typing that I wish to proceed. I did and it killed my Ubuntu! Silly me! Just a warning to others... Maybe, someone wants to do a practical joke.

I found this works. http://foo2zjs.rkkda.com/. Good luck.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by keplerspeed View Post
    UPDATE: as of Lucid, the HP Laserjet 1020 now works out of the box.
    Does not work.

The same thing happens here as with if you would do it automatically:
    You get the option to find drivers from the HP website or something, and this error occurs: "error: Plug-in file does not match its digital signature. File may have been corrupted or altered. Error code: 2".
    Which is exactly the same thing that happens when I do it according to this guide.

HP Laserjet 1020 will still not print in 10.04.

I am so angry I will bang my head against a chestnut tree until it explodes.

Beans

I am having this EXACT SAME ISSUE with my 1018. Nobody in IRC knows a darned thing about it.

I ran sudo hp-setup -i and it seems I'm ok except for one thing: NOTHING PRINTS. When I send a test page, the printer doohickey responds: /usr/lib/cups/filter/hpcups failed

grrrrrrrrrr....
    When you make laws to control foolish others, you forge the chains that will be used to control you.
    My blog
    my pre-blog website

Beans

my issue apparently was due to openprinting.org being down. it's now back up, so things may well be better. Give your HP printers another shot, folks!
    When you make laws to control foolish others, you forge the chains that will be used to control you.
    My blog
    my pre-blog website

Beans

I was having a terrible time installing an HP1200 Laserjet on Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid.

The printer was taking about 15 minutes to print the first page. I probably spent 2 nights trying to scour the forums and get the printer to print without success.

My problem disappeared completely when I decided to use the HP LaserJet 5 driver instead.

I am sure the solution is not optimal though I haven't found any printing issues since then, but if it saves someone buying a new printer or lots of yelling at the computer screen...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Exclamation Re: HP Laserjet 1020

Quote Originally Posted by wittich View Post
    fine, now i have also a solution:

1. Remove all hp-tools
    Code:
    sudo apt-get remove hp*
    2. Manual install of the new version (see http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-w,e...all/index.html)
    Code:
    wget http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/hplip/hplip-3.9.12.run
    sh hplip-3.9.12.run
    3. Restart and run the hp-tool
    Code:
    hp-setup
    i chose the plugin file manually from http://www.linuxprinting.org/downloa....12-plugin.run

i hope it helps someone.
    do not type sudo apt-get remove hp*

this will delete and destroy many important files on your ubuntu install. I just killed my server thanks to this reckless command. I cannot believe ubuntu forums would keep such a dangerous command in a help forum. This destroyed my file and web server

this is not a safe command and do not follow instructions in this post.

Beans

SOLVED. I installed in 13.10 64 bits using http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web...all/index.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12