Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unreal Tournament 2004

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Unreal Tournament 2004

So I've been able to get to where it's installing, and it tells me to 'mount the Unreal Tournament 2004 CDROM', and I'm running the DVDROM edition. The thing couldn't get any more mounted than it already is. Any suggestions?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: Unreal Tournament 2004

That was funny...

Can you elaborate a bit?
    There is an installer file on the DVD to install it on Linux, did you run that and are getting that error?

Once you put in the cd it should have auto mounted... you should be able to change to that directory and run the linux-install.sh file from a terminal window...
    OpenGEU 8.10 Luna Serena 64bit
    AMD Athlon-X2 6000+ / 8gb DDR2-800 RAM / Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-US2H / Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT / 640gb HD
    Acer Aspire 6530 : AMD Athlon X2 / 3gb DDR2-667 RAM / ATI HD3200 / 250gb HD

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

The problem with the linux install script for ut2004 is that it's for the multi-CD version that has like 10 discs to go through. It's not compatible with the DVD version nor is it even included in it.

The only alternative I can think of is trying to copy the folders manually then making the 'cdkey'/'ut2004key' file or so (don't remember the name) in the System folder with your CD-KEY to start. I never tried this method myself though so I can not guarantee success.
    I USE THIS SMILEY because im a rocker!!! \m/ pantara and nerveina roles!

also yo-yo ma is great.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Hope this help...
    32bit
    http://gwos.org/doku.php/guides:32bit:ut2004dvd?s[]=unreal

64bit
    http://gwos.org/doku.php/guides:64bit:ut2004?s[]=unreal

I am pretty sure I used the 64bit instructions there and I have the DVD edition.
    OpenGEU 8.10 Luna Serena 64bit
    AMD Athlon-X2 6000+ / 8gb DDR2-800 RAM / Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-US2H / Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT / 640gb HD
    Acer Aspire 6530 : AMD Athlon X2 / 3gb DDR2-667 RAM / ATI HD3200 / 250gb HD

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by CharmyBee View Post
    The problem with the linux install script for ut2004 is that it's for the multi-CD version that has like 10 discs to go through. It's not compatible with the DVD version nor is it even included in it.
    Actually, it is. I have the DVD version and I installed it on Linux using that script. I have the SE version though.

Beans
    Hidden!

I've always done it this way: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=558146

Though I do have the Anthology version. The easiest way to install it is to copy the directories over, run the 3369 linux patch and then manually create the CDkey file and install any dependencies. You may have some trouble with permissions. I think I had to chown the whole UT2004 directory in order to get it working. Obviously don't run the game as root.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

I apologize for the lack of information. Inserted the DVD, it auto-mounted to /media/UT2004_DVD. Opened up a terminal, typed cd /media/UT2004_DVD && sudo sh linux-installer.sh and the installer ran without a hitch. Entered the CD Key and I get to the error described above. I did notice that there were seperate folders for each CD should I have had that version, I will try the suggestion above. The link provided by racerraul was tried after I couldn't get it to work the first time through. (I came up with the same error, and found that tutorial thinking I had missed a step or something). Even by following that step by step, it still gave me the same error. Yes, libstdc is installed and up-to-date.

Thanks all.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Did you ever get this to work? I am having the same issues. I have the DVD It has the installer on disc. I can go through the installation to the point were it asks to mount cd2. Very freak'n frustrating!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

You need to use a specific version libstdc. libstdc++5; http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1243005 if you're using 9.10

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Quote Originally Posted by Artificial Intelligence View Post
    You need to use a specific version libstdc. libstdc++5; http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1243005 if you're using 9.10
    I don't think this applies to the installer of DVD asking for play CD but thanks for the link anyway. I am running 9.04 still at this time. I am waiting until 10.04.

just for the record I do have the most recent libstdc++5
    Last edited by Flash__Gordon; January 10th, 2010 at 01:09 AM. Reason: Clairity

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast