Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting Jack to produce sound with Hydrogen

Beans

Re: Getting Jack to produce sound with Hydrogen

You should set rosegarden to use jack
    I was wondering about that. I don't know how to tell Rosegarden what to use. I don't see it in the settings, just the Jack transport option.

Also I tried to load SoundFonts instead of just using MIDI, and failed miserably. But I suppose Jack will be able to handle SoundFonts as well as MIDI if/when I get Rosegarden to work, correct?

Beans

When I'm in Patchage/Jack connections, what specifically should be connected, and should anything be disconnected? I've been wondering, since I tend to just connect everything to everything so I can't go wrong. That's fine, right?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

If it works for you, it is fine but you should play with the connections and see what happens so you can figure out what is optimal for your particular needs.

I have not messed around much with soundfonts so I can't help you there but you should try the Multimedia Production Forum. It can be a little slow at times but the people who hang out there really know their stuff.
    PMs will be ignored.

Beans

Okay, I'm going to ask around about soundfonts in the Multimedia Production forum.

Thanks for all your responses.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12