Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Amazing Feats Performed with Linux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Re: Amazing Feats Performed with Linux

Quote Originally Posted by bored2k
    Take it as you want to, I'm not implying nor denying anything. In a court of law, this cannot be taken as a proof .
    But I have to admit, I saw you uploaded an ubuntu ISO to that site. Perfectly legal =O

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Running for about half a year, with no formats, installing and uninstalling a ton of programs, and generally mucking about, with no loss of speed, no need to defrag and no interruptions or absurd errors

Im way a newbie, but I think the most amazing thing I have personally seen is Damn Small Linux. Neatest party trick

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by xequence
    But I have to admit, I saw you uploaded an ubuntu ISO to that site. Perfectly legal =O
    This absolutely nothing to do with this. Do not drift off.
    Sylvia: Look at what you've done to him!
    Christof: I have given Truman the chance to lead a normal life. The world, the place you live in, is the sick place.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

This absolutely nothing to do with this. Do not drift off.
    Wow... I dont know what to say... I was really starting to not mind you, but, whatever. Youre choice, though it does seem there are two of you. One who is nice and posted post #36, which was funny. And one who is... Not that nice. As in post #43. (Guess which one I want you to be? o.O).

Heh. Its pretty hard to be mad when I am listening to a very awesome song right now.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by xequence
    Wow... I dont know what to say... I was really starting to not mind you, but, whatever. Youre choice, though it does seem there are two of you. One who is nice and posted post #36, which was funny. And one who is... Not that nice. As in post #43. (Guess which one I want you to be? o.O).

Heh. Its pretty hard to be mad when I am listening to a very awesome song right now.
    Not sure where that rant came from. Thought his posts were harmless TBH

Anyway, I would think a lot of us on these forums will empathise with bored2k's comment that "it has kept us off software piracy!" And further we would concur that it is quite some feat! Yey!!

About a month I go I threw out every item of pirated software I had in my possession. My WinXP drive (which I very rarely use now) has a paid for WinXP licence and everything else is open source. Brilliant!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I am amazed at how much success people on this thread have achieved with Linux / Ubuntu. As a newbie WinXp convert to Ubuntu, I've been struggling since the launch of Breezy with a silent, muted, no sound Acer 4061 laptop.

I wonder if any experts and gurus here have had any success with a PC or laptop with similar hardware. Intel HDA ICH6, Realtek ALC260 chip. This problem was also posted in other threads but no one has found a way out to break the silent, no sound barrier.
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...739#post703739
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...296#post675296

Many thanks in advance for suggestions, ideas, workarounds, solutions etc.

Beans
    Distro
    Edgy Eft Testing

[*]Linux has managed to considerably keep me away from software piracy. Believe it or not, that's a huge feat.[/LIST]
    Same here. Especially when you consider software piracy kept me away from mac OSX in the past.
    Help Ubuntu rise to the top! Join the Ubuntu Folding@Home Team

Apps loading too slowly? Prelink

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345