Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking about a site.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Thinking about a site.

Well the skeletal frame of the site is up. There is almost nothing there. I have installed the main CMS (Joomla) and a Forum (SMF), although there is no link to the forums yet. I am also thinking about installing a WIKI any suggestions on what to use? Maybe I will make that the next poll for the site.
    I like mac?

Thumbs down Re: Thinking about a site.

LOL..I am doing the exact same thing, and I used Joomla + SMF.
    If you need any joomla tips let me know, I have spent about 2 months teaching it to myself, and am finally starting to really exploit it's power.
    My Idea is to bring togethor in one place info news tuts whatever on any and all Debian based distros.

Shecky's Debian Asylum

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Well, if you want a community and good input the used software is important. I think plone can handle a lot ideas i have seen in this thread.

EDIt
    ah is see joomla is the chosen one, forget my post.
    registered linux user # 401083
    Games i like: Maniadrive, Neverball, quake4

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by galgoz
    I love Ubuntu, I love GNU, I do, I really do. I am thinking about starting a new website called MyGNUWorld.org or MyGNUWorld.com . I have purchased the domain name and thinking about doing something with it and will certainly be promoting Ubuntu on the site. Not sure what all I am planning on doing with it. Figured I would throw it out and see what people thought about it. So... What do you think? I am thinking the #1 response will be, "There are enough Linux sites already!"
    Strange, I already started a site kind of like your idea a couple of weeks ago. OpenYourPC.com It's supposed to be a site that promotes the use of open source software by providing a general resource for the mainstream users. Will give them screenshots, reviews, and etc. before getting the software. That way, they can see it before trying it.

Beans
    Hidden!

After talking with one of the people that is volunteering to help out with the site we are going to be focusing on Open Source for Education.
    I like mac?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12