Thread: Macbook2,1 trackpad scrolling is jumpy on 9.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Red face Macbook2,1 trackpad scrolling is jumpy on 9.04

Hi,

I have a Macbook2,1 dual-booting Ubuntu 9.04 and OS X. The trackpad is giving me issues. Only the two-fingered scroll is annoying me. If I try to scroll down in, say, Firefox by placing a second finger on the trackpad and moving both fingers down, it will react merely to my second finger touching, and also react to when my second finger leaves the trackpad. If Viewport switching is enabled, then merely having two fingers on the trackpad causes it to wildly switch between the two Spaces.

I want it to be 'deader'.... I want it to absorb minor inputs. OS X does a good job of this.

I've followed http://deekayen.net/macbook-pro-31-jaunty-setup, omitting the NVidia and Wireless parts, but I'm getting no joy.

Richard

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Macbook2,1 trackpad scrolling is jumpy on 9.04

Same problem.... I doubt it will be solved as it's been this way for over a year, I think most users accept it. I installed some patched drivers that helped a little from a fresh install but I think that's in the default mac-tel ppa packages now so you probably have them. But yes it sucks... really really sucks
    Constant development is the law of life, and a man who always tries to maintain his dogmas in order to appear consistent drives himself into a false position - Mahatma Gandhi