Thread: Evolution mail crashing on startup, Ubuntu 9.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Cool Evolution mail crashing on startup, Ubuntu 9.04

Hello,

I am using Ubuntu 9.04. I left my computer on sleeping mode for 7-8 hrs. After restarting, I found evolution mail is not there. When I try to launch evolution mail, it is not able to do so, and simply crashing. Restarting to computer also doesn't solve the problem. Any idea whats going on?

Thanks in anticipation
    Last edited by leonardo_neo; May 24th, 2009 at 06:06 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Evolution mail crashing on startup, Ubuntu 9.04

You might want to check out this bug report. I sounds like what you are experiencing.

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubun...ba/+bug/363791

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Evolution mail crashing on startup, Ubuntu 9.04

Thanks a lot mprince for giving your time to answer my question.

Anyway, I have solved the problem. I had manually upgraded the version of Open office 3.1. After installation I was not able to run the Open office database. So I searched in the forum, and found a command to solve the issue. After running that command, database was fine with everything. Even evolution had no problem, until yesterday it stopped launching.

So I removed the openoffice.org-evolution package from synaptic package manager, and now evolution is working again. Database is not launching again, but it is OK for me, as evolution is more essential for me.

If someone has installed OO 3.1, and experience the similar problem, then they can try this temporary fix.

Thanks to all.