Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hauppauge HVR-2200/2250 support

Beans

Re: Hauppauge HVR-2200/2250 support

ahhh tyvm silverdulcet,

That worked perfectly! All is good now. Didn't need the 'make clean' command.

Thanks for your patience and I really appreciate the explanation as to what the code is doing as well as the code supplied.

Gotta love this community.

Cheers

oz

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by Ozsmoka View Post
    ahhh tyvm silverdulcet,

That worked perfectly! All is good now. Didn't need the 'make clean' command.

Thanks for your patience and I really appreciate the explanation as to what the code is doing as well as the code supplied.

Gotta love this community.

Cheers

oz
    Just an FYI, I figured out how to build with the existing source directory after a kernal update, without removing the directory and downloading the source over again. First change into the source directory:
    Code:
    cd saa7164-stable/
    Then use this command:
    Code:
    make distclean
    Then
    Code:
    make
    Finally
    Code:
    sudo make install

From the INSTALL file instructions, this will remove the leftover build files from the last time you built the driver. When you use the make/make install commands it should now use your updated kernel instead of the old one.
    distclean - Cleans compiled files from the tree,
    latest used configuration and kernel
    version.

Beans

Ahh cool, silverdulcet

I just updated the kernel and restored the driver using the previous method, as I missed your last post prior to updating.

The new method you just mentioned is much more efficient. Efficient is good I'll give that a go next time.

Thanks.

--yep thanks silverdulcet,

that worked.

Compiz is not happy with the upgrade though. I wound up with perfect sound and reception, but no video at all. No complaints, just no video in Me TV and VLC.

I tried using the previous method for upgrading the driver as well, and wound up with exactly the same result.

I thought it might have to do with my 9.7 ati catalyst drivers, but before uninstalling them, I disabled 'visual effects' as a first step, and the picture is fine.

No great loss while tv viewing.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Ozsmoka; September 3rd, 2009 at 11:21 PM. Reason: updating results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12