Thread: Cannot delete or recover the files on my USB memory, file system proble?

Beans

Cannot delete or recover the files on my USB memory, file system proble?

Hello everybody,

Prior to my Kubuntu installation I moved some pictures and files to my USB drive and I format the Linux disk space with ext3 (not sure if ext3 is best or even good but I did, and I am open to suggestions since I will be reinstalling my Ubuntu). Anyhow, when I try to open the folders I copied to my Flash memory from either windows or linux I get errors. Files are not visible in Kubuntu UI but I can see them when I "-list" on terminal.

Bottom line is I want to remove/destroy or recover these files. Any suggestions on how I Can remove them? I get an error saying "Input/Output Error"

Any help is appreciated

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Cannot delete or recover the files on my USB memory, file system proble?

Quote Originally Posted by mntokman View Post
    Hello everybody,

Prior to my Kubuntu installation I moved some pictures and files to my USB drive and I format the Linux disk space with ext3 (not sure if ext3 is best or even good but I did, and I am open to suggestions since I will be reinstalling my Ubuntu). Anyhow, when I try to open the folders I copied to my Flash memory from either windows or linux I get errors. Files are not visible in Kubuntu UI but I can see them when I "-list" on terminal.

Bottom line is I want to remove/destroy or recover these files. Any suggestions on how I Can remove them? I get an error saying "Input/Output Error"

Any help is appreciated
    on how to remove them the answer is always simple, format the usb drive

on how to recover them, you have to say what errors you get