Thread: amarok 1.4 "show under various artists"

Beans

amarok 1.4 "show under various artists"

I really like amarok, but it sucks at some things, one of them is handling compilations and OSTs.
    Pretty soon I'll have as many albums in VA than as in A-Z.

I was wondering if there is any script that would allow for a "show under <desired letter/number>" or even a "show under <desired pseudo artist>".

For example, for Grey's Anatomy OSTs I would select the albums and choose "show under pseudo-artist" and it would ask for a pseudo-artist name in which I would type "Grey's Anatomy", and it would show under letter G.

If there isn't... any volunter to make one?

Beans

Beans

Beans

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: amarok 1.4 "show under various artists"

I am looking for the same thing, there is an additional tag field that is used more and more (although isn't officially standard) "Album Artist". Strangely, this is one area where windows apps seem to be stronger. Both MediaMonkey and WinAmp are able to take advantage of this tag, but no media player on Linux that I remotely like has the capability. I think Songbird can, but it is (IMHO) well short of being a complete player yet.

I have spent countless, fruitless hours looking for an Amarok add-in for 1.4 that will deal with the Album Artist tag, but to no avail.

If anyone knows a way, I would be very very interested in finding it. MediaMonkey struggles under Wine and I cba to launch Virtualbox to play music, which leaves me with (IMHO) the best Linux player, Amarok 1.4

Cheers
    Intel E8400 - 4gb Corsair DDR2-6400 - 4.5tb combined diskspace - Nvidia 9600T 1024mb - Samsung 22" WS & Eizo 19" (Twinview 2960x1050)
    The Shrooms | The Laughing Wolf | Amarok 1.4 in Jaunty | Still praying for MediaMonkey Linux