Thread: In these forums, none of the buttons in Standard Editor or Advanced Interface work

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

In these forums, none of the buttons in Standard Editor or Advanced Interface work

I experienced the same problem using my login on my friend's computer as well. I cannot add links, make text bold or italic, or anything else. Help?

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: In these forums, none of the buttons in Standard Editor or Advanced Interface wor

Sounds like your page isn't loading fully. Try refreshing a few times, and if you are using a proxy, try connecting without it.
    Another round of Ubuntu for my friends here!
    Fighting to bring Pink back to The Pink Ponies archive.
    DELETE INSANITY!

Beans
    Distro

Re: In these forums, none of the buttons in Standard Editor or Advanced Interface wor

Refreshing does not help, and as far as I know I am not using a proxy.

Beans
    Distro

Anyone?

Beans

Are you using any kind of script blocker? For example, I use Firefox and have NoScript installed. I have the same problems you described unless I allow yahooapis.com to run scripts.
    Come to the dark side. We have penguins!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Pom2122 View Post
    Are you using any kind of script blocker? For example, I use Firefox and have NoScript installed. I have the same problems you described unless I allow yahooapis.com to run scripts.
    Bingo. Thank you; NoScript is like a part of my body at this point; I hardly notice it's there.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by VgnStirfry View Post
    I cannot add links, make text bold or italic, or anything else. Help?
    Do you have "NoScript" or something like that activated? Those features need browser scripting features to be turned on.

Beans

Question Re: In these forums, none of the buttons in Standard Editor or Advanced Interface wor

This seems like it should be included in the FAQ or something. >_>
    I had the same problem.

I don't understand what yahooapis.com has to do with vbulletin running on ubuntuforums.org servers, but that might just be me. >_>

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=776613

Post 3 link as well. Scroll to bottom.