Thread: flash widgets do not play

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

flash widgets do not play

I'm using the firefox browser installed with ubuntu. Initially, flash-based widgets on different sites wouldn't play so I searched the package installer and it suggested the flash components/software needed. I installed them and now MANY BUT NOT ALL of those flash widgets play.

Particularly, FLICKR widgets would not play-it just shows a black screen or a text that says "no photos here" or something. However, if i go to the same website using windows or kubuntu 9.04, the graphics/pictures are there. What else is needed to be installed?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: flash widgets do not play

if you have all repositories enabled in the software sources, you should be able to install the "ubuntu-restricted-extras" package

be careful, some of the programs/codecs might be illegal to use in your country... always check the law before installing or using them

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by meborc View Post
    if you have all repositories enabled in the software sources, you should be able to install the "ubuntu-restricted-extras" package

be careful, some of the programs/codecs might be illegal to use in your country... always check the law before installing or using them
    Ok, thanks! I will try this.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

What plug-in do you have installed to run flash?

The reason I ask is that I was having the same problem with flash as well but we figured out that is was because I went with a different plug-in to run flash. Once I changed over to Adobe I stopped having problems running flash.

n.b. I wasn't having the exact same problem but it was close enough to this one.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is a bunny copy him into your signature so he can
    (")_(") gain world domination