Page 74 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Thread: Acer Timeline 3810T

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Acer Timeline 3810T

Quote Originally Posted by jacktow View Post
    See https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...20/comments/94 for possible fix for suspend issue.
    Works here

Code:
    gksudo gedit /etc/default/grub
    edit the line :
    Code:
    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="i8042.reset=1"
    You can also edit the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="i8042.reset=1 quiet splash" line, but it will only change the default boot option and not the recovery and old kernel options in the grub menu.
    Code:
    sudo update-grub
    And reboot

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

OH MY GOD!!!!! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!!!

Suspend works! We'll be dancing on the streets of Linux-Acer 3810t tonight.

I'm using Mint with 2.6.31-20 and BIOS 1.17 but it sounds like it is a fix for all of us.

Thank you.
    Last edited by mr bob; March 23rd, 2010 at 11:54 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

seems no progress are be done since the bios 1.00..
    i'm running lucid 64-bit, kernel 2.6.32-16-generic and bios 1.00 on acer timeline 3810t core2duo su9400: everything work correctly (brightness, wifi, special keys, sounds), of course there's the exception of suspend/resume (but this is a kind of sorcery ) and the fans are little bit noisy (but nothing incredible..sometimes they spin up and sometimes down...kind of normal I suppose).
    two questions:
    1. is it so important to upgrade the bios??
    2. is flashing the bios safe??
    i'm so afraid about flashing it...

thanks!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by mr bob View Post
    OH MY GOD!!!!! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!!!

Suspend works! We'll be dancing on the streets of Linux-Acer 3810t tonight.

I'm using Mint with 2.6.31-20 and BIOS 1.17 but it sounds like it is a fix for all of us.

Thank you.
    jeez..!!! let's go get party together because it's work also on mine acer!!!!!! wow!!
    thanks to the saint who fixed this problem!!!

Can't believe solution was so easy... a string in cmdline, passed to kernel...
    We waited an year for this solution!! Damn you Acer!!
    Now my 3810 suspend right!
    Amazing... now it's really perfect this machine!

Beans
    Distro

basically in my 3810T still there some problems with the suspend stuff..but probably is because i'm using lucid and a lots of PPA..
    anyway, when i close the lid the system seems to start the suspend but it doesn't..so i have to use the "disconnect" menu (i'm using also the gnome shell) to suspend.
    yesterday the resuming after suspend was successfully but the desktop was blocked: i was able to move the mouse but not to click on anything...
    mysterious of the faith probably..

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by federa View Post
    basically in my 3810T still there some problems with the suspend stuff..but probably is because i'm using lucid and a lots of PPA..
    anyway, when i close the lid the system seems to start the suspend but it doesn't..so i have to use the "disconnect" menu (i'm using also the gnome shell) to suspend.
    yesterday the resuming after suspend was successfully but the desktop was blocked: i was able to move the mouse but not to click on anything...
    mysterious of the faith probably..
    seems not to be related to lucid (because here it works for me, also some PPAs including xorg edgers), but i've also some issues with "display detection" sometimes it seems that it recognizes a second screen, when i make an screenshot i can see an expanded area on the left which isn't visible normally (sorry, it's hard to describe in english for me), also i can move the mouse cursor in this invisible "nirvana" that's bad because i have some compiz features on the edges normally and the edge is somewhere down left where i can't visibly move the cursor on.
    i've caught some strange output in /var/log/messages, something about TV and NTSC

PS:
    Quote Originally Posted by federa View Post
    jeez..!!! let's go get party together because it's work also on mine acer!!!!!! wow!!
    thanks to the saint who fixed this problem!!!
    no problem, please send me a message if you plan to spend me some money

Beans

INCREDIBLE!!! Works here on my 3810t (su9400) running Lucid. Joy!

Beans

Hi all. I have acer 3810t with debian testing on it. Suspend wokrs, but just one time. Second time i see just black screen I installed debian back yesterday, because lucid have too many bugs yet. I had the same problem on lucid too. Somebody had the same problem?
    P.S. Sorry for my English, I'm from Russia.

Beans

Finally!!! Let's start to party
    Concerning the "suspend works, but only once"-issue: The machine I am currently writing from has been suspended and successfully resumed four times now without any reboot in the meantime. Additionally, resume is very fast (sub-second regime) and works like I charm with the discrete graphics (intel not tested).

Page 74 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast