Page 75 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Thread: Acer Timeline 3810T

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Acer Timeline 3810T

So I am now curious to know about how the suspend problem was finally fixed, like an ending of Scooby Doo, I would like a little explanation.

I see that the i8042 chip is the keyboard controller.

Thanks Bruderjakob for fixing this, it really makes this laptop a joy to use now.

Beans

I have found out another strange behaviour:

- Suspend the computer
    - Touch the keyboard (press any key) OR touch the (very) sensitive wireless 'button'

As a results, the machine will power up without further warning (and resume properly). This behaviour appears to be deactivated when the lid is closed. Maybe this is a hint to the 8042 chip problem?!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Thanks very much, it also works great here with my Timeline 3810TZG!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by mr bob View Post
    So I am now curious to know about how the suspend problem was finally fixed, like an ending of Scooby Doo, I would like a little explanation.

I see that the i8042 chip is the keyboard controller.

Thanks Bruderjakob for fixing this, it really makes this laptop a joy to use now.
    Sorry, don't know how the fix works. I only did a quick google on "i8042.reset=1" to make sure it wasn't something dangerous.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

That is OK Miegiel, I really appreciate that you posted the instructions needed to add to grub, so we didn't have to trawl through the bug report.

Beans

Hey guys. Just curious. I am still running the origional BIOS and have not really seen the need to upgrade until the suspend problem was fixed. Well it wasn't a bios issue after all.

I am considering updating to 1.20. Are there any reasons to update? Were any issues fixed that I am not considering? Should I do it? I am on 1.10 now.

Thanks
    Forum Do's and Don'ts -- Please familiarize yourself with these!!
    Do not give login-as-root instructions. Here is the policy
    This Ubuntu better not be dacaf!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy the saint View Post
    Hey guys. Just curious. I am still running the origional BIOS and have not really seen the need to upgrade until the suspend problem was fixed. Well it wasn't a bios issue after all.

I am considering updating to 1.20. Are there any reasons to update? Were any issues fixed that I am not considering? Should I do it? I am on 1.10 now.

Thanks
    1 reason not to flash too 1.20: You can't boot from a SD card in 1.20, it won't show up in the F12 BIOS boot devices menu. Booting from a SD card with a external USB SD card reader does work though.

1 reason to flash too 1.20: Supports (hardware accelerated?) virtualization according to a post a bit back in this thread.

I was on 1.10 too. I'm not sure if I regret it or not
    Last edited by miegiel; April 1st, 2010 at 09:55 PM. Reason: strikeout, see below ^_^

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy the saint View Post

Thanks
    i just went from 1.10 to 1.24 and i saw a drop of 12 watts to around 9 watts power consumption. This has taken my battery life from 4.5 hours to nearly 7 hours.

I think that this is due to the presence of lower frequency states (as there is now a 800 mhz state). I'm very glad i updated.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by xir_ View Post
    i just went from 1.10 to 1.24 and i saw a drop of 12 watts to around 9 watts power consumption. This has taken my battery life from 4.5 hours to nearly 7 hours.

I think that this is due to the presence of lower frequency states (as there is now a 800 mhz state). I'm very glad i updated.
    Never noticed the 800MHz, the 1.20 BIOS does that too.

Beans

I'm convinced!
    Forum Do's and Don'ts -- Please familiarize yourself with these!!
    Do not give login-as-root instructions. Here is the policy
    This Ubuntu better not be dacaf!

Page 75 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast