Page 73 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: Acer Timeline 3810T

Beans

Re: Acer Timeline 3810T

I'm trying to draw more attention to the brightness bug on launchpad as it also affects most timeline models and I suspect a few of the other Aspire series as well.

there is a bug report at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...el/+bug/446717

I have marked as duplicates all of the bugs related to the changes in how the brightness keys have failed over time that I am aware of.

if anyone with either a 3810(TZ/TG) or 4810(TZ/TG) or 5810TG could post exact details of how this bug affects there computer under lucid it would be appreciated.
    Last edited by executorvs; March 11th, 2010 at 07:23 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Code:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...el/+bug/446717
    is not the whole url

here it is
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...el/+bug/446717
    Last edited by miegiel; March 11th, 2010 at 07:22 PM.

Beans

oops.

Beans

I did search a bit but can not find any mention of the problem I am having.

I have a Acer Timeline 3810TZ

I just switched from Win7 to ubuntu and all went well except for the intermittent wifi issues.

On reboot it will work fine, find my router, connect and allow for firefox to work just fine. If I just surf the webs for a little while its fine, but after a while it will drop the connection followed by not seeing the wireless card any longer.

It drops even faster if say I run the update manager it wont even get though half the download process.

Wireless router is located in same room that I am trying to get on line. When a hardline is run to the computer it work perfectly with no problems.

Really don't want to go back to Win7, but will have to if I cant figure out why the wifi is flaky.

Oh yea, on reboot it works fine, if I put it to sleep and wake it up....it works just fine again.

Thanks for any tips, tricks or ideas to fix this problem.

Beans

My personal experience has been that disabling N connections at the router level solved my connectivity issues. G connections work great in my experience. I am not sure if there is a better driver in the backports repo, but for internet connections, G speeds are fine and disabling N is far easier (in my opinion) than messing around with finding better drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by chucktastic View Post
    I did search a bit but can not find any mention of the problem I am having.

I have a Acer Timeline 3810TZ

I just switched from Win7 to ubuntu and all went well except for the intermittent wifi issues.

On reboot it will work fine, find my router, connect and allow for firefox to work just fine. If I just surf the webs for a little while its fine, but after a while it will drop the connection followed by not seeing the wireless card any longer.

It drops even faster if say I run the update manager it wont even get though half the download process.

Wireless router is located in same room that I am trying to get on line. When a hardline is run to the computer it work perfectly with no problems.

Really don't want to go back to Win7, but will have to if I cant figure out why the wifi is flaky.

Oh yea, on reboot it works fine, if I put it to sleep and wake it up....it works just fine again.

Thanks for any tips, tricks or ideas to fix this problem.
    Forum Do's and Don'ts -- Please familiarize yourself with these!!
    Do not give login-as-root instructions. Here is the policy
    This Ubuntu better not be dacaf!

Beans

I had a similar problem in 9.10, especially with WDS networks on campus. This problem is not an issue for me in lucid. I would say you should see if the beta live disc runs on your computer without too much issue and if things go well upgrade now.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

please, can someone confirm that internal mic on 3810T is working after alsa update (1.0.21a or backports-modules-alsa)?

on older alsa, i was able to get external mic working without any efforts.
    but after alsa update i cannot unmute mic or choose internal/external mic, because there is no such control in alsa mixer or any other mixer i've tried.

Beans
    Distro

just updated bios to 1.20. on first look, nothing has changed.

but, when i modprobe kvm and kvm_intel, and launch kvm - everything is working and i do not receive any complains about VT support:

Code:
    # cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep -o vmx
    vmx
    # modprobe kvm kvm_intel
    <nothing here>
    # dmesg | grep kvm
    <nothing here>
    # kvm -monitor stdio                                                                                                                                            QEMU 0.12.50 monitor - type 'help' for more information
    (qemu) info kvm
    kvm support: enabled
    (qemu)

it's look like in bios 1.20, acer silently enabled virtualization

Beans
    Distro

just updated bios to 1.20. on first look, nothing has changed.

but, when i modprobe kvm and kvm_intel, and launch kvm - everything is working and i do not receive any complains about VT support:

Code:
    # cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep -o vmx
    vmx
    # modprobe kvm kvm_intel
    <nothing here>
    # dmesg | grep kvm
    <nothing here>
    # kvm -monitor stdio                                                                                                                                            QEMU 0.12.50 monitor - type 'help' for more information
    (qemu) info kvm
    kvm support: enabled
    (qemu)

it's look like in bios 1.20, acer silently enabled virtualization

Beans

Talking Re: Acer Timeline 3810T

See https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...20/comments/94 for possible fix for suspend issue.

Page 73 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast