Fan fixed,wokrs better.

Beans

Re: Acer Timeline 3810T

Quote Originally Posted by tomfool View Post
    Fan fixed,wokrs better.
    how to?

Beans

It's less noisy,even when you are on AC.I think nothing else.

Beans

BIOS 1.20: Still no suspend,
    Kernel 2.6.33-rc3: Still no suspend, even with the new "acpi_sleep=sci_force_enable" option; I was unable to compile to proprietary ATI driver (some naming errors, unable to replicate right now (running 2.6.32 now))

What keeps me smiling is the battery lifetime - no suspend needed at all...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by acermobile View Post
    BIOS 1.20: Still no suspend,
    Kernel 2.6.33-rc3: Still no suspend, even with the new "acpi_sleep=sci_force_enable" option; I was unable to compile to proprietary ATI driver (some naming errors, unable to replicate right now (running 2.6.32 now))

What keeps me smiling is the battery lifetime - no suspend needed at all...
    Just to be clear, are there any changes in BIOS 1.2 that further improve the battery life?

Beans

It's less noisy,even when you are on AC.I think nothing else.
    I have to disagree. In my case flashing 1.20 has had the effect that the fan starts spinning when the internal temperature reaches 34 C. With BIOS 1.17 the temperature where the fans kicked in was 42 C (and as far as I know with BIOS 1.10 it was around 54 C). It seems that in every BIOS upgrade the fan is made to kick in at lower temperatures.

With regards to battery life increase, you can imagine the effect on battery life with the fan spinning all the time when on AC. 34 degrees is lower than body temperature..

In my view we are wasting our time with waiting for future BIOS releases to fix fan spinning and perhaps suspend and other issues. Ubuntu users are only a small (but important!) minority of people using this laptop, and frankly I now doubt whether the manufacturer would issue a new BIOS just for helping out Ubuntu users when it appears that under the more mainstream OSes these problems don't exist.

Beans

I can confirm that the fan is now running much more often when on AC, than it was before No other changes noted so far.

Beans

This is likely do to the fact that they just announced the microphone cable recall in the US and it has been associated with fires according to engadget or wired or one of those online tech mags.
    Forum Do's and Don'ts -- Please familiarize yourself with these!!
    Do not give login-as-root instructions. Here is the policy
    This Ubuntu better not be dacaf!

Beans

Well guys,in my case i had the 1.17 bios and the fan was very noisy while now by the 1.20 it always runs but at less rpm and so i find it less noisy,for battery life it's almost the same in both bios,6.30 h with wifi on.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Maybe you have a different hardware than the other reports. Can you run this command in a terminal?

lspci -vnnn | perl -lne 'print if /^\d+\:.+(\[\S+\:\S+\])/'

Well guys,in my case i had the 1.17 bios and the fan was very noisy while now by the 1.20 it always runs but at less rpm and so i find it less noisy,for battery life it's almost the same in both bios,6.30 h with wifi on.

Page 63 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast