Thread: startup script help

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

startup script help

Hello, i have MPD starting at boot which works fine but the playlist it is suppose to stream errors out with curl saying it a cannot resolve the address, im assuming this is happening becuase the network is not ready. how do i make it start after the network is there ? i have google lots and cant seem to find the right answer, any help will be greatly appreciated.

tag

Beans

Re: startup script help

Quote Originally Posted by taget View Post
    Hello, i have MPD starting at boot which works fine but the playlist it is suppose to stream errors out with curl saying it a cannot resolve the address, im assuming this is happening becuase the network is not ready. how do i make it start after the network is there ? i have google lots and cant seem to find the right answer, any help will be greatly appreciated.

tag
    I a pinch I just use a "sleep 15" command within a script. This tells it to wait 15 seconds before starting it. But I'm sure there are more elegant ways such as checking with ping or checking the status of the networking device.
    100% Microsoft Free Since April 2, 2009

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: startup script help

Thanks for the reply Paradigm, when you use the sleep command does it allow the rest of the boot to continue ? also what is the syntax ?

sleep 15
    command i want to run ?

thanks again

tag