Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9.04 - 2 Softresets failed, 1 modprobe FATAL: modules.dep no such file during boot

Beans

Re: 9.04 - 2 Softresets failed, 1 modprobe FATAL: modules.dep no such file during boo

@khamil8686

Hi

I tried your steps and it did indeed remove the startup error messages which flashes by during startup.

Thank you very much for your efforts!

Side note:
    I followed your instructions because I was hoping this would help with my Nova T tv card which has problems loading its firmware half of the time. Looking at that problem I eventually ended up here. For now it seems to find the firmware better but I have not been rebooting a lot since I performed your steps.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: 9.04 - 2 Softresets failed, 1 modprobe FATAL: modules.dep no such file during boo

I am having the same problem as thelowreysfour and nbv4. Using mint7 on USB. The computer has a windows 7 install on it. I have read that some other users are experiencing this issue on the linux mint forum as well... no solutions yet?
    HP Pavilion dv5227tx-Core Duo T2050-512 ram-GeForce Go7400

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Just updated to new kernel 2.5.28-14 generic and the modprobe FATAL error has disappeared but the softresets remain, thats cool with me tho. id rather see reset failed! device not ready rather than FATAL flash on my screen thank you ubuntu maintainers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12